ADVERTISEMENT

$9M…

IronChefBBQ

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2004
That’s roughly what it would cost to get rid of Walters. Not gonna happen, no matter how badly he sink the FB program…

The loss of revenue from the fans not going/watching the game I would think would be MUCH higher, so I wouldn't say never.
Yeah, and when you add merch sales, people being less likely to pony up NIL money, and other secondary sources of revenue, it adds up fast. Most of the tickets have already been sold, but empty seats don't buy food and drinks at games, so you also lose that money as well.

$9mil is nothing with a 60-65mil TV nut coming in. Season tickets are already sold this year but will take a big hit over the next 2 if we just let him stay.

If he’s 1-11 or 2-10 you have to move on and hope that steady ticket revenue in 25 and 26 covers the difference.

The one good thing about his hire is that his buyout was short and not an insurmountable barrier to moving on.

The school need not pony up a dime IF it’s time to part ways with a HC. (Personally I’m not there. Yet.) Recently Texas A & M alums gathered the cash to buy out Jimbo. For BIG $$. Purdue is a better school therefore
most likely has more cash-laden alums to do the dirty deed if necessary. Alums from an elite school like Purdue could pull that off in a millisecond. Right?

But relating back to a post I made earlier, our school is beholden to the football cabal that says there can only be so many “non-Ohio States” at a time in any given conference and right now, it ain’t our turn. Our AD and BOT plays along. It’s just the way it is. That said, if we want to at least try to attempt consistent competitiveness, see Iowa. Get strong, get physical, do not waver. Stay the course. The fact our running game the last 15 games (overall) has been good gives me a glimmer of hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT