ADVERTISEMENT

7 Footers used to block FGs ?

BoilerBiker

All-American
Oct 13, 2006
during a bball game, i believe it was center Cauley-Stein on UK that they showed playing high school football.
he was on special teams and it looked pretty effective having him there to deflect field goal attempts.

i know in today's age, a bball coach would never sign off to let a talented big guy play football too -
but could you imagine haas and hammons in the middle to block or at least greatly alter some FGs?
(on that jmv interview, haas did mention him playing football in the past)

He told Stacy that he gave up football to save his knees. Opposing players were targeting them. See her interview for details.

Ya, but if he only played special teams and lined up behind the line it seems like he would have minimal contact let alone guys be able to target his legs/lower body.
Just wishful thinking
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We had a BB player do this on the team, what, 10 years ago? can't remember who it was, I think he did end up blocking a couple of extra points, can't remember if he blocked any FG's.

I remember Kip Jones got a block, but that was in '90 or '91...
Originally posted by Tommaker:
We had a BB player do this on the team, what, 10 years ago? can't remember who it was, I think he did end up blocking a couple of extra points, can't remember if he blocked any FG's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT