ADVERTISEMENT

6.5 min of scrimmage yesterday…

To me, it's an indication of just how good Harris is.

Any time a frosh can move past an experienced player....he's a great one. Likely an all B10 Frosh. But we are talking about 2 phenomenal experienced shooters here. So it's a major, major leap.

Will Harris make that leap sometime this season? We will see. Kinda makes watching an already great team, even more fun....huh?

Casey, dub?? Any insight? The sleepers guys said that they really find it hard to believe. Carter says he thinks Colvin will start and most likely DJ. They both said if Gicarri starts it’s a bad sign for Purdue in that Colvin and Heide didn’t make a big jump and aren’t as good as expected!

Casey, dub?? Any insight? The sleepers guys said that they really find it hard to believe. Carter says he thinks Colvin will start and most likely DJ. They both said if Gicarri starts it’s a bad sign for Purdue in that Colvin and Heide didn’t make a big jump and aren’t as good as expected!
Sleepers aren’t too smart. If Harris starts over Colvin it’s because Painter wants a second ball handler on the floor with Smith. That’s not Colvin or Heide’s game.

Not sure what has happened to Furst. He started his Fr year and looked like 6'10 match up nightmare. Ran the floor, hit 3's, etc. Granted, his playing time has been significantly cut, but seem like Painter has lost trust in him.
Coach Painter has stated that after the loss to FDU he decided that he needed more skill around Edey and that a couple of guys (Furst and Morton) had to give up minutes for the team. TKR and Gillis gave Purdue a better chance to win than Furst did, but with Edey and Gillis gone, there are minutes available for Furst to compete for.

The start of the video had the black team as Beard, Fletch, Harris, TKR and Berg so seems like that line up is at least being tested.

Assuming video was correct to time, appearred that the grey shirts were giving it to the black shirts at the start then CJ started turning the ball over and Braden hit shots to bring the black shirts back. I know I am reading way too much into video haha just pumped for season!

Didn't have a chance to see the clips but a couple people said Berg looked slow? That's sort of surprising b/c I always thought he looked good athletically for a 7 footer.
Did he get any pick n pop opportunities or was he just playing down on the low post?
Last year I thought he looked slowish, he has skills but that was my worry with him.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Last year I thought he looked slowish, he has skills but that was my worry with him.
When I've watched him, I've thought he looked quicker than most 7 footers, or at least as coordinated. Granted, that's all relative, but I thought he was comparable to Edey, maybe not as quick at Haarms, definitely more speed and agility than Haas.

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
When I've watched him, I've thought he looked quicker than most 7 footers, or at least as coordinated. Granted, that's all relative, but I thought he was comparable to Edey, maybe not as quick at Haarms, definitely more speed and agility than Haas.
I agree. He seems to be a bit stiff and maybe not as quick laterally but probably comparable to Edey. Last year, I felt like some of the stiffness appeared to be more so that he didn't really seem comfortable and get enough time to really settle into the game. Hopefully, that has improved this yr.

Reactions: bonefish1
Sleepers said Brian predicted Gicarri and Berg in starting 5 with Braden, Fletch and TKR.
Not surprised. Berg hasn't played much in games, but when he did, he impressed me with his mobility. Things may change as the freshman bigs get acclimated, but I think Berg will give teams trouble at both ends.

If only he'd played hockey in high school.

Not surprised. Berg hasn't played much in games, but when he did, he impressed me with his mobility. Things may change as the freshman bigs get acclimated, but I think Berg will give teams trouble at both ends.

Agreed. I think the more actual game time he gets, the game will slow down for him. Last year, I'm sure he was pressing to impress Painter during garbage time. But this year, he should see actual game minutes, get into the flow, get an easy bucket and find some rhythm.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

He's just tall.

Agreed. I think the more actual game time he gets, the game will slow down for him. Last year, I'm sure he was pressing to impress Painter during garbage time. But this year, he should see actual game minutes, get into the flow, get an easy bucket and find some rhythm.
Did….you two just ….agree?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT