ADVERTISEMENT

2021 QB - JJ McCarthy out of Illinois is the only guy I want

Amazing stats and accomplishments for a sophomore QB. He has a lot of offers including Purdue and will get more from the bigger programs this year and next.

3,500 yards, 39 TD-4INT, 74% completion as a sophomore leading team to Illinois State Title.

Arm & Body reminds me of a Mark Herrmann & with Jim Everett. athletic, strong arm, still growing pro-style qb with very good scrambling ability.

Looks like ND was in on him early, but I believe in Brohm.

https://247sports.com/Player/JJ-McCarthy-46042742/Videos/

McCarthy is amazing. Escapability. Good runner with quickness. Sees the entire field. Cannon for an arm. I believe they were state champs.

McCarthy is amazing. Escapability. Good runner with quickness. Sees the entire field. Cannon for an arm. I believe they were state champs.

Interesting that they have ND as favorite, but ND is also chasing Ron Paulus's kid out of Mishiwaka with the old man working for the university.

Reactions: rphpacerfan

Interesting that they have ND as favorite, but ND is also chasing Ron Paulus's kid out of Mishiwaka with the old man working for the university.

Reactions: IronChefBBQ
And his high school has never been good at football at least in my lifetime until now. Hmmm...

You obviously don't follow Illinois HS football very closely. JJ is good but coach Tim Racki has won wherever he has been including two state titles and a runner up title at Naz Academy prior to winning his third title this year with JJ as his QB.

3,500 yards, 39 TD-4INT, 74% completion as a sophomore leading team to Illinois State Title.

Arm & Body reminds me of a Mark Herrmann & with Jim Everett. athletic, strong arm, still growing pro-style qb with very good scrambling ability.

Looks like ND was in on him early, but I believe in Brohm.

https://247sports.com/Player/JJ-McCarthy-46042742/Videos/
lol am I the only one that sees the irony in you linking his 247 profile on a Rivals board?

McCarthy and the kid from Southern Indiana are both 2021 kids. Good to have two of the top flight QB's in the class so very close and with the staff Purdue has. Should have a legit shot to get one of those kids and getting a QB like that would push the recruiting more and more. Should try and get a kid like that to verbal as a junior to have them help push other top flight recruits and recruit on the coach's behalf.

McCarthy and the kid from Southern Indiana are both 2021 kids. Good to have two of the top flight QB's in the class so very close and with the staff Purdue has. Should have a legit shot to get one of those kids and getting a QB like that would push the recruiting more and more. Should try and get a kid like that to verbal as a junior to have them help push other top flight recruits and recruit on the coach's behalf.
The kid from Southern Indiana is 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT