ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Offer | Trey Kaufman

In Indiana? Yeah, probably one of the best since the year with Hummel and Moore.....right?
I would say so. Maybe better if Lander, Furst, and Kaufman all end up top 50 with Goode not far behind. it's also very deep. I think I saw that 9 players already have high major interest.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
In Indiana? Yeah, probably one of the best since the year with Hummel and Moore.....right?

2016 was/is projected to be better than 2021. Remember Jaren Jackson and Paul Scruggs played at prep schools. Those two along with Kris Wilkes and Malik Williams were all top 50.

2007 with Gordon, Teague, Moore, Johnson, Hummel, and Matt Howard is the best I can remember.

I would think that you will have to have at least 4 stars to be recruited by Purdue for the foreseeable future. No more 3 stars or red shirt candidates. The iron is hot and CMP is doing the striking. Boiler Up!

I wouldn't say no more 3 stars. Matt has a good eye, typically for under the radar guys. Chris Kramer comes to mind. I remember thinking etc when Painter offered. Purdue definitely has some momentum.

Reactions: tjreese and delarno
Which, should bode well hopefully for Purdue...timing is good for sure, unlike the last time that Purdue had some legitimate national success and momentum.

Really solid class arriving...a really solid class to follow, and, the chance for even more really solid talent after.
I agree but as of now don't we only have 2 scholarships available?

I agree but as of now don't we only have 2 scholarships available?

Right, depending on what happens with the last scholarship for 2020:

1) Sign Dickinson - focus on 2 forwards for 2021.
2) Sign Garcia or Carlson - focus on a center and forward for 2021.
3) No Dickinson, Garcia, Carlson - roll that scholarship to 2021 and sign a grad transfer forward for the 2020 class?

If Nojel or Haarms leave, add the usual shooter to the 2021 class that already has a couple forwards or center from above.

People seem to not like Kiyron “Boog” Powell but he has jumped to a top 150 and will probably dominate Southern Indiana this year.

Last edited:
Right, depending on what happens with the last scholarship for 2020:

1) Sign Dickinson - focus on 2 forwards for 2021.
2) Sign Garcia or Carlson - focus on a center and forward for 2021.
3) No Dickinson, Garcia, Carlson - roll that scholarship to 2021 and sign a grad transfer forward for the 2020 class?

If Nojel or Haarms leave, add the usual shooter to the 2021 class that already has a couple forwards or center from above.

People seem to not like Kyron “Boog” Powell but he has jumped to a top 150 and will probably dominate Southern Indiana this year.
As was clearly shown in the class of 2018, the stars folks don't consider motor, or lack thereof ... and that is a universal comment.

I wouldn't say no more 3 stars. Matt has a good eye, typically for under the radar guys. Chris Kramer comes to mind. I remember thinking etc when Painter offered. Purdue definitely has some momentum.
And Ivey was unranked when Painter offered. Should Painter have waited until the rest of the world discovered Ivey to earn him 4-start status?

No.

If we have another commitment in the 2020 class. How many scholarships will we have for the 2021 class?

Y'all realize how many heads will explode in Loosierville if Furst comes our way.

They are already comparing him to the savior Cody Zeller. He might be but he will be wearing Old Gold and Black.

Y'all realize how many heads will explode in Loosierville if Furst comes our way.
Your right SI Boiler. They pretty much think they have him locked down. I think CMP wins this one the same way he did the Newman/Franklin split.

Your right SI Boiler. They pretty much think they have him locked down. I think CMP wins this one the same way he did the Newman/Franklin split.
For those not aware of his recruiting situation, what are the reasons Purdue fans think he will chose Purdue and what are the reasons iu fans think he will pick iu?

For those not aware of his recruiting situation, what are the reasons Purdue fans think he will chose Purdue and what are the reasons iu fans think he will pick iu?

We will have a need at the 4 if we don’t pickup anyone else in 2020.

We were the first to offer Furst which helped us with Ivey. We have a history there building a relationship. He wants to stay close to home.

Adding Micah will help us having someone with NBA development experience. He worked with Tatum and Brown at the forward position with the Celtics. Brantley is also great at developing bigs. We have momentum.

Both sets of IU insiders on 247 and rivals agree Purdue is currently in the lead for Furst, while IU is in the lead for Lander and in good shape with Kaufman.

I'm not sure how any IU fan can think Furst is a lock for IU at this point.

Reactions: BTBall
Both sets of IU insiders on 247 and rivals agree Purdue is currently in the lead for Furst, while IU is in the lead for Lander and in good shape with Kaufman.

They think IU leads for Lander? I feel like he ends up at Louisville or Kansas. Granted I’m not paid money to scout nor do I get in fights with DD on Twitter (anymore).

They think IU leads for Lander? I feel like he ends up at Louisville or Kansas. Granted I’m not paid money to scout nor do I get in fights with DD on Twitter (anymore).
That is the thought currently. At the current rate, Lander is trying to beat TJD's record for campus visits. This weekend will be his 5th time on campus since September.

That is the thought currently. At the current rate, Lander is trying to beat TJD's record for campus visits. This weekend will be his 5th time on campus since September.
So he is “I swear my recruitment is still open, please don’t drop my ranking” type?

Kidding aside, not sure I see him biting because another failed season has Archie square on the hot seat.

Well, IU fans are known for their outrageous fantasies in the offseason. That may be the reason. Run that through your fact checker.

Reactions: IUFactChecker
There will be times that getting a 3star that is athletic, a bit raw with good work ethic and attitude willing to improve and grow over a couple of years will be exactly the right chemistry on a team that in a given year spreads minutes between 8 players mostly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT