ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Starting Lineup

mreeser

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 17, 2017
I know it’s ridiculously early, but I was having this discussion over the weekend. Who do we project the starters to be next season? Assuming Carsen is gone with Cline and Grady.

Nojel
Hunter
Sasha
Wheeler
Boudreaux/Haarms

My best guess right now.

I know it’s ridiculously early, but I was having this discussion over the weekend. Who do we project the starters to be next season? Assuming Carsen is gone with Cline and Grady.

Nojel
Hunter
Sasha
Wheeler
Boudreaux/Haarms

My best guess right now.
Nojel
Newman
Sasha
Wheeler
EB

The other 4 for the 9 man rotation:

Haarms
Hunter
Williams
IT

I’d love to see Newman squeak in there. Hoping he can flat out score cuz we will need that with Carsen’s departure.

Nojel
Hunter
Sasha
Wheeler
Boudreaux/Haarms

My best guess right now.

Won’t reach double digit wins

I think Haarms will start next year at the 5, because we will have more depth at center forcing Boudreaux to his more natural position at the 4. Tre will be ready. I have no idea how many minutes E.D. will get, probably similar to Tre this year. So you dont need 4 centers, so EBs gotta play the 4.

Nojel
Hunter
Sasha
Wheeler
Boudreaux/Haarms

My best guess right now.

I don’t see how Newman doesn’t start. He is playing like a top 25 player. He has a highlight reel play every game it seems. There was a video from the Zionsville game where he jumped over a guy on a block. It was absolutely ridiculous. He threw down a monster dunk later. The best part is that he is an elite shooter as well. I would say that defense would be the only thing that would keep him off the floor, but it hasn’t limited the minutes of anybody this year.

The ideal roster for me would be Nojel, Hunter (Edwards here if he comes back), Newman, Wheeler, Williams. That would be the roster with the highest ceiling by far. Not sure he will back up the 4 if Gillis can’t go. (Which is why missing on Hall was devastating). It’s possible that Nojel actually sees some time as the 4 and they play him with Sasha, Newman and another guard. EB and Haarms haven’t shown what I would want to see from the 4 and I don’t know what ED is going to be able to bring yet. He may be able to be a very athletic 4.

Since this is a totally stupid thread, but still fun, I'll stick my neck out under the spinning chain saw:

1. Eastern (hmmm ..... just hmmmm)
2.Newman (Hunter could just shift the next three up a position and sit haarms.
3. Wheeler
4 Williams
5. Haarms (I'm wishy-washy here)

Since this is a totally stupid thread, but still fun, I'll stick my neck out under the spinning chain saw:

3. Wheeler
4 Williams

That is a very big lineup. Seems unlikely, but would be fun to see.

3. Wheeler
4 Williams

Painter would play Sasha at the 4 before Tre; if painter played some zone then yeah we roll big up front and grab every board and block every shot but that’s adjusting to your team; it will never happen. I don’t expect painter to magically get the lineup right next year when he can’t even figure this year out as obvious as it is

Reactions: Mgkcbb
I think Haarms will start next year at the 5, because we will have more depth at center forcing Boudreaux to his more natural position at the 4. Tre will be ready. I have no idea how many minutes E.D. will get, probably similar to Tre this year. So you dont need 4 centers, so EBs gotta play the 4.
I would love that to be the case, but I have seen nothing so far that would lead me to believe that EB can guard even 1/3 of the starting 4s in the B1G. Love his heart and desire, but he’s got lead feet.

Painter would play Sasha at the 4 before Tre; if painter played some zone then yeah we roll big up front and grab every board and block every shot but that’s adjusting to your team; it will never happen. I don’t expect painter to magically get the lineup right next year when he can’t even figure this year out as obvious as it is
I will await another game or two before agreeing.

so, curious as I respect your posts, would this be more or less fun?
1. Nojel/Hunter
2. Hunter/Nojel
3. Newman
4. Wheeler
5. Tre

To me the one here (that I posted) seems the most likely. High flying and explosive. But, I love big lineups. Nojel being able to handle the ball at his height opens up so many possibilities. But if you swap Haarms you are trading 6’3 (ish) for 7’3. You are literally gaining an entire foot! It would be the Oprah lineup. You get a block. You get a block. You get a block. Everybody gets a block!

Nojel
Hunter
Sasha
Wheeler
Boudreaux/Haarms

My best guess right now.

This thread will zap the Christmas spirit right out of me

Williams will start over Haarms. Unfortunately, Haarms hasn't shown much.

Haarms hasnt showed that he is the game changer center we are used to, but he has been decent. Yes, just decent. Trevion hasnt showed us that he is decent yet, just that he has potential to be very good. Until then I gotts put Haarms over Tre at the 5.

3. Wheeler
4 Williams

The shooting in the line up would be a problem

Nojel
Hunter
Sasha
Wheeler
Boudreaux/Haarms

My best guess right now.

yikes......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT