ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Indiana Senate race

New Pal Boiler

All-American
Jun 30, 2010
Democrat Joe Donnelly is up for reelection in 2018. He won in 2012 with Obama providing a tailwind, and against a very weak GOP candidate in Mourdock.

Who does the Indiana GOP pit against him? Here are a few likely names:

Current US house reps:

Susan Brooks
Todd Rokita
Luke Messer

Couple wild cards:
Newly elected AG - Curtis Hill
Mitch Daniels

Mourdock had Donnelly whupped until he went off on a rant that a woman who has been raped shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion because God meant for that child to be created. He would have been a good senator for Indiana in 1912 but not 2012.

Seems like Donnelly would be vulnerable if the GOP has the sense to run someone other than a Neanderthal.

Speaking of wild cards, Mitch is a lawyer. Supreme Court?

Mourdock had Donnelly whupped until he went off on a rant that a woman who has been raped shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion because God meant for that child to be created. He would have been a good senator for Indiana in 1912 but not 2012.

Seems like Donnelly would be vulnerable if the GOP has the sense to run someone other than a Neanderthal.

Speaking of wild cards, Mitch is a lawyer. Supreme Court?
Mitch is in his late 60s. I want someone a lot younger who can stay on the court for 30 years. Like a Thomas or Scalia.

Guys, Mitch is done with politics, particularly national politics. His family wants nothing to do with it.
I don't think that's true. Mitch declined to make a run for POTUS for the reason that his family did not want to engage in months/years of campaigning. That is understandable. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't accept an appointment that requires zero campaigning and he'd simply show up on Day One. OMB, Sec of Ed, Chief of Staff, replace the partison goons at IRS, Supreme Court, several possibilities.

I don't think that's true. Mitch declined to make a run for POTUS for the reason that his family did not want to engage in months/years of campaigning. That is understandable. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't accept an appointment that requires zero campaigning and he'd simply show up on Day One. OMB, Sec of Ed, Chief of Staff, replace the partison goons at IRS, Supreme Court, several possibilities.
I think it's true. Wife doesn't want to be in the public eye, doesn't want to move. Doubt she wants her husband gone in Washington half the year.

Reactions: burbo
Democrat Joe Donnelly is up for reelection in 2018. He won in 2012 with Obama providing a tailwind, and against a very weak GOP candidate in Mourdock.

Who does the Indiana GOP pit against him? Here are a few likely names:

Current US house reps:

Susan Brooks
Todd Rokita
Luke Messer

Couple wild cards:
Newly elected AG - Curtis Hill
Mitch Daniels
Curtis Hill would be great!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT