ADVERTISEMENT

2017 heights/weights updated

Wheeler and Eastern are pleasant surprises, clocking in at the high end of their anticipated measurements.

But what catches my eye most is Haarms at 250, up from the 220 when he was recruited - should be around his ideal weight already. He gained more weight between recruitment and his first Purdue start, than Big Ten Player of the Year Jajuan Johnson ever did in Johnson's entire four year Purdue career.

250 would put him right at about average amongst NBA players taller than 7'0

Wheeler and Eastern are pleasant surprises, clocking in at the high end of their anticipated measurements.

But what catches my eye most is Haarms at 250, up from the 220 when he was recruited - should be around his ideal weight already. He gained more weight between recruitment and his first Purdue start, than Big Ten Player of the Year Jajuan Johnson ever did in Johnson's entire four year Purdue career.

250 would put him right at about average amongst NBA players taller than 7'0

I wonder if Matt Haarms decided to take a run at Isaac Haas' chicken wings record. Could be some real surprises this next season....we shall see. Looking forward to it.....for now, bring on China.

Reactions: tjreese
I cannot find it now but I also saw a picture of Wheeler in the weight room and he was sporting some nice looking arms and shoulders. Not what I was expecting from all the skinny references.

I think people underestimate what a real lifting and diet program with a world class trainer can do.

I am training my 15 year old son, mainly because he will not push himself if I am not there. The results have been very good. Better than I expected. He has added 10 lbs of solid muscle and more than doubled his training weights. And this is nothing like what these kids at Purdue are getting.

How can anyone gain that much weight that quickly with LaBamba no longer on campus?
Super Chicken Pork Combo, avocado, extra sour cream, well done, 3 hot sauces.

How can anyone gain that much weight that quickly with LaBamba no longer on campus?
Super Chicken Pork Combo, avocado, extra sour cream, well done, 3 hot sauces.

Once saw a guy eat 2 LaBamba burritos in one sitting.

Once saw a guy eat 2 LaBamba burritos in one sitting.

2 Supers or 2 regulars?

I had some PU football playing buddies who had an apartment within spitting distance of LaBamba. They put in some serious time there.

2 Supers or 2 regulars?

I had some PU football playing buddies who had an apartment within spitting distance of LaBamba. They put in some serious time there.

May have been 1 of each. It's been 20+ years. Whatever it was, it was a lot.

2 Supers or 2 regulars?

My roommate, named Big Dave for a reference, ate 4 supers to win his heat in the La Bamba eating contest but was defeated by a guy who took down seven. What a thrilling night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT