ADVERTISEMENT

2 - deeps on defense

Baird (Indy star) and King (J&C) on their podcast were high in Omonode and Baird thought he would start as he’s been running with the first team in camp. He’s only 6’ but has the motor and strength they say. They also said damarjhe lewis is in there as a starter if he can stay healthy and were high on Strickland. Maybe a lot of rotation.

Baird (Indy star) and King (J&C) on their podcast were high in Omonode and Baird thought he would start as he’s been running with the first team in camp. He’s only 6’ but has the motor and strength they say. They also said damarjhe lewis is in there as a starter if he can stay healthy and were high on Strickland. Maybe a lot of rotation.
Omonode will start next year. He’s behind Brevard. I do like that we get different starters for each DE spot. Or hate it. Not sure. lol could be a rough spot

Omonode will start next year. He’s behind Brevard. I do like that we get different starters for each DE spot. Or hate it. Not sure. lol could be a rough spot
Age old question: If you're not sure who's starting, is that because you have great depth or because neither one has separated from the other? For QBs it's usually the latter and usually a bad thing.

Age old question: If you're not sure who's starting, is that because you have great depth or because neither one has separated from the other? For QBs it's usually the latter and usually a bad thing.

I like to think depth. Rotate the guys throughout the game to keep them fresh.

2023 Fresno State game, I remember thinking that our defensive players looked exhausted in the 4th quarter.

The players were not used to load that the CRW scheme required in that game.

For the DE’s, it is the later. They have a bunch of guys and no studs. Sounds like Anderson will start when he gets healthy. But idk. Weak spot of the D.

For the DE’s, it is the later. They have a bunch of guys and no studs. Sounds like Anderson will start when he gets healthy. But idk. Weak spot of the D.
Lewis is a stud. People forget about him after being hurt last year. He’s huge and strong.

If Omonode was 6’2 he’d be a legitimate draft prospect. He’s good but kind of just a guy. Same with Anderson.

Feel that we have enough options across the line though that quality starter options will emerge as long as they stay healthy.

Not sold on Heldt. Fairly convinced he should be a TE and not a DE/rush end. Feel like Madden and others pass him up this year.

Lewis is a stud. People forget about him after being hurt last year. He’s huge and strong.

If Omonode was 6’2 he’d be a legitimate draft prospect. He’s good but kind of just a guy. Same with Anderson.

Feel that we have enough options across the line though that quality starter options will emerge as long as they stay healthy.

Not sold on Heldt. Fairly convinced he should be a TE and not a DE/rush end. Feel like Madden and others pass him up this year.
I like Lewis a lot. But he’s been hurt a ton. If he’s healthy and of prior form, I’ll feel a lot better.

Tom Deinhart said Heldt looks like a stud. NFL good. He looked good in the spring game. They need more bodies at DE than TE.

I like Lewis a lot. But he’s been hurt a ton. If he’s healthy and of prior form, I’ll feel a lot better.

Tom Deinhart said Heldt looks like a stud. NFL good. He looked good in the spring game. They need more bodies at DE than TE.

A lot of the coaches as well as the beat reporters have said good things about Heldt. The coaches do not need to sing praises about a sophomore Rush End, but all says he is a havoc and he stands out among the other Rush Ends.

Reactions: BoilerN
Didn’t one coach call him a Terminator?

I’m excited to see this DB visiting this weekend. Four star from MI. 6’ 190 class of’26.
I’m thinking the coaches see him as heir apparent to Thienneman.

Reactions: cillerdo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT