ADVERTISEMENT

10 pt Favorite at Nevada

Nov 18, 2004
Just saw on ESPN.com that Boilers are a 10 point favorite at Nevada. Over/Under is 58.5. I'm not sure I have a good enough read on this team to know if that is too much? Not enough?
Thoughts???

Reactions: Zaphod_B
There have been lines out on the opening week games since as early as mid-June. Our game mostly started around -8.5 and has climbed probably due to Nevada's questionable quarterback quandry.

The "Bear" Chris Fallica betting analyst on ESPN has Nevada covering and possibly winning the game. Cited Purdue injuries and said Brohm had a losing record when favored by 4 or more points.

The "Bear" Chris Fallica betting analyst on ESPN has Nevada covering and possibly winning the game. Cited Purdue injuries and said Brohm had a losing record when favored by 4 or more points.

As Mark Twain once observed: "It is differences of opinion that make horse races."

Brohm now has his recruits and a deeper team. Altitude is a factor but depth helps negate that.

"JUST WIN BABY".....With an unproven 'O" Line......Think we will see a lot of quick throws and let the receivers create yards with one on one match ups early. If their secondary starts creeping up........then we torch them a couple of times with a few long balls for TD'S.....I expect Horvath to have a really good game.....keying on the passing game will create some opportunities for him!... Boilers pull away late 34-20

Interestingly, according to VegasInsider right now, every source except for 2 have Purdue -10. The other two dropped it to -8.5 in the last day or so. I guess reaction to Fuller.

Worse, that's even a Purdue publication that just happens to be under 247's flag.

The 2 sources which bumped it down to 8.5 almost immediately moved it back to 10.5 or 11. Almost as if it was a glitch.

I see this being a lower-than-expected scoring game with both teams taking the first half to find their rhythm. I think Purdue will win, but Nevada will cover.

24-20 Boilers.

I see this being a lower-than-expected scoring game with both teams taking the first half to find their rhythm. I think Purdue will win, but Nevada will cover.

24-20 Boilers.

Purdue could obviously lose this game. But I don't see it being a low scoring game for Purdue. The offensive line should be able to handle their defensive line. If not, we're in trouble for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Just saw on ESPN.com that Boilers are a 10 point favorite at Nevada. Over/Under is 58.5. I'm not sure I have a good enough read on this team to know if that is too much? Not enough?
Thoughts???
We're 126th out of 130 FBS teams in experience....
So let's travel 3 time zones away...
To play in the evening......
At 4600 ft above sea level …...

Good one, Morgan
Thanks again

Thoughts???

These lines on the very first games are essentially meaningless. Neither team knows what they got in terms of an offense, defense, ST, etc. I am hoping for a Purdue win, but again, you just don't know about these early games especially on the road.

After about 4-5 games into the season, we should have a pretty good idea on what type of team we have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT