ADVERTISEMENT

“Ryan Walters” trending on X (Twitter)…

Worse than suppressing news that doesn’t help Jack Dorsey’s preferred candidate?
Yeah, suppressing what turned out to be legitimate news to help sway an election is the lowest of the low.

And that is what Twitter was pre-Elon.

And the idea of following who you trust and want to follow, I don't know why that is such a difficult concept for some. Plus, the replies can be entertainingly hilarious as to how naive some people are.

Reactions: BBG and Dreambig74
lol twitter is 1000% worse now than it used to be. No idea how any user could not agree with that. Well, yeah I guess I do have an idea...but man I see we have some real Elon slappies here lol
If you're an idiot it is worse. Better for intelligent people.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
If you're an idiot it is worse. Better for intelligent people.
Yeah I bet you do like the bots and only fans bait

This is hilarious though, I've really never heard anyone rave about how much better Elon has made it. Like not at all. Figures there would be a bunch of Elon fans around here though. That dipshit is constantly getting community noted for making things up 🤣

Last edited:
Yeah I bet you do like the bots and only fans bait

This is hilarious though, I've really never heard anyone rave about how much better Elon has made it. Like not at all. Figures there would be a bunch of Elon fans around here though. That dipshit is constantly getting community noted for making things up 🤣

Let me be the first then.
At least it’s owned by somebody who cares about scrutinizing moderation request pressure and doesn’t like the assumption of anybody owning a monopoly on moral authority. Dorsey and Zuckerberg among others have expressed regret about not pushing back when asked to censor political information. Those concerns would have been well-founded, as it turns out the moral authorities from the government were actually political operatives and legitimate news was distorted or suppressed. The Biden laptop scandal for example would have likely altered the presidential race four years ago.

But even if you’re a fan of the current flavor of political censorship pressure on social media companies, do you really want to see those rules of engagement swinging the other direction every election cycle?

Elon puts his foot in his mouth too much for me to idolize, but I appreciate him for taking a stand on Twitter even if it was pretty obvious that it wasn’t going to be in his own financial interest. Something had to be done to shake the industry up and call attention to the problem everybody knew, but couldn’t see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT