ADVERTISEMENT

Zoiks! Rut Roh Scooby. ESPN just reported on TV

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
That adidas is likely NOT the only apparel company participating in the pay for play. The scandal is far reaching and does not end yesterday and today. Money and greed goes hand in hand. Wonder how far this goes and how many more coaches are tied to this?

In closing, "They would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

Last edited:
Reactions: delarno
Noooooo ! a total shocker !!!! I know nothing... other than my son wasn't good enough to get paid.

That adidas is likely NOT the only apparel company participating in the pay for play. The scandal is far reaching and does not end yesterday and today. Money and greed goes hand in hand. Wonder how far this goes and how many more coaches are tied to this?

In closing, "They would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!"

Wait till people begin to name names.
imgres
imgres

Noooooo ! a total shocker !!!! I know nothing... other than my son wasn't good enough to get paid.
I tried to warm you all just how corrupt this recruiting stuff is especially when recruiting the top tier players. Some comes with a price when recruiting those players bcuz of what we all see some don't play by the rules parents and coaches don't either. Much more will come out wait and see.

I tried to warm you all just how corrupt this recruiting stuff is especially when recruiting the top tier players. Some comes with a price when recruiting those players bcuz of what we all see some don't play by the rules parents and coaches don't either. Much more will come out wait and see.

I'm not going to say I know nothing. I know a little of the corruption in AAU sports and recruiting. Our Illinois bears were not one of the AAU glamor or AAU shoe teams. Our sponsor was the parents. We had a few players get offers to division 1 schools like Rice and SIU and others. And I saw the people and heard their comments following the elite players. and the smiles on their faces as they nodded their heads. I could tell many of the people who watched the games were not parents or coaches.

I'm not going to say I know nothing. I know a little of the corruption in AAU sports and recruiting. Our Illinois bears were not one of the AAU glamor or AAU shoe teams. Our sponsor was the parents. We had a few players get offers to division 1 schools like Rice and SIU and others. And I saw the people and heard their comments following the elite players. and the smiles on their faces as they nodded their heads. I could tell many of the people who watched the games were not parents or coaches.
My brother was a HS hoops coach on the south side of Chicago for 21 years (Bloom Trail HS). This AAU corruption has been going on for a looooong time. Virtually all of the AAU coaches were on the take to deliver players to colleges. My bro said the AAU coaches were far more influential than the HS coaches. The HS coaches had to win games to stay employed. No one cared if AAU teams won or lost, they were focused on developing one or two stars and getting paid when they delivered the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT