ADVERTISEMENT

Zavier Simpson Story Comes Out

He served a one game suspension and Michigan only said for violation of team rules. This story is quite interesting and raises many questions.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbo...e-manuels-family-car-police-report-shows.html

could it be that he was just friends with the AD’s son, who is a team manager? I’ve let friends drive my car.

I’m assuming there was alcohol involved, but if the cops didn’t think so, then I don’t have too much problem with this story, although it is odd.

Yikes. What the heck is he doing at 3am driving the AD's wife's car?

Did you read the article? The AD's son is the student manager on the basketball team. My daughter is in college and "has a car" but its registered in my name. I could see one of her friends driving it. Doesn't seem too far fetched. And as for 3 am, if he was headed home that's really not to late for a college student. A lot of parties start at 11:00 or 12:00.

Is there something a little off about the story? Yes, Does it sound like he did something dumb? Yes. Does it make me think much better or worse of him? Not really.

Based on the Police report it sounds like the punishment fit "the crime". He's a college student and they do dumb things, I hope he learns from it.

could it be that he was just friends with the AD’s son, who is a team manager? I’ve let friends drive my car.

I’m assuming there was alcohol involved, but if the cops didn’t think so, then I don’t have too much problem with this story, although it is odd.
I guess my only issue would be the officer knew his story didn't add up, was in a accident and it was late. Law enforcement 101 would be to at least perform a field sobriety test that way if he performed adequately this isn't much of an issue. Now, I'm assuming non of this took place and we are questioning what actually took place or we wouldn't be discussing the situation.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
I guess my only issue would be the officer knew his story didn't add up, was in a accident and it was late. Law enforcement 101 would be to at least perform a field sobriety test that way if he performed adequately this isn't much of an issue. Now, I'm assuming non of this took place and we are questioning what actually took place or we wouldn't be discussing the situation.
Btw, all of these issues would give the officer probable cause to act accordingly.

It is quite obvious that even though "the story" is now out, that, there is more to the story.

As you said...it does not add up, and, it is pretty obvious that he was indeed provided some preferential treatment.

I love the continued assertion that he violated "a team rule", as I would love even more to know which rule it apparently was that he violated.

You have to question the leadership skills, never mind basic common sense, of a guy out at 3AM following a loss...who wrecked a car, then, lied to police.

i think the most damning items are this:
1. The officer noted Simpson stumbling
2. The officer knew who Simpson was

So Kendrick provided a ride for a recruit and the NCAA gets involved but the Michigan AD provides a car for the night to a player and it's OK.

Come on now, the car belonged to the son, but was still in the Mom's name, not the same. Kendrick's violations were crap, but the AD's son is friends with Simpson.

I am not sure I was ever out at 3 am without drinking though, but maybe that is just me.

i think the most damning items are this:
1. The officer noted Simpson stumbling
2. The officer knew who Simpson was
Yeah he was probably driving drunk, and probably has an alcohol issue considering the other incident about a month ago at a bar.

I wonder if "Jeff Jack" was wearing one of these to further conceal his identity

s-l500.jpg

Yeah he was probably driving drunk, and probably has an alcohol issue considering the other incident about a month ago at a bar.

The Police Report noted the Police Officer didn't smell alcohol on his breath. He wasn't arrested for drunk driving or public intoxication but somehow you make the leap that "he was probably driving drunk and probably has an alcohol issue".

Unless you have some "inside" information, I'm not sure that's fair.

The Police Report noted the Police Officer didn't smell alcohol on his breath. He wasn't arrested for drunk driving or public intoxication but somehow you make the leap that "he was probably driving drunk and probably has an alcohol issue".

Because local police have never done favors for star players ever.

The Police noticed him stumbling around after hitting a pole at 3 am coming from a bar. Lied about his name (Which the police caught because they knew who he was) and whether he was driving and didn't issue a field sobriety test. Which isn't suspicious at all.

Here's the real problem. The police recognized him. If this was John Q Student do you believe local cops would have let him walk without question?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT