ADVERTISEMENT

Zaga in trouble

Gonzaga is one of just a few teams that flat out outscore us. I don’t think they can guard us. I would worry that we might get into a little foul trouble.

The answer is that you’d always want to play the least talented team if given a choice. Arkansas is athletic but lacks some scoring firepower. Give me the hogs.

Reactions: indyogb and BSIT
Reminds me of the Purdue choke at the Silverdome when Keady had the number 1 seed. Lost in the exact same round to a Kansas St team we drilled earlier in the season

Reactions: indyogb
wait till Few sees some of the missed calls too, their guard got tripped no call, Ark player clearly steps out of bounds by a foot they get a 3 on that possession.
I wonder if Ed Hightower was the officials' advisor for that crew as well?

Guessing that crew won't be in New Orleans next week...certainly shouldn't be. The one official has done B1G/Purdue games I am pretty sure.

Happy the Zags were ousted.
Have been saying it for some time...the fact that they are just gifted a top seed is ridiculous, and, they affirmed that...looked lousy against Georgia St., narrowly escaped against Memphis, and, lost tonight.

They had no business being the #1 overall seed, and, they showed it...in all 3 games.

I wonder if Ed Hightower was the officials' advisor for that crew as well?

Guessing that crew won't be in New Orleans next week...certainly shouldn't be. The one official has done B1G/Purdue games I am pretty sure.

Doug Shows, Michael Irving, and James Breeding. Trending down.....

Zags need to play in a more competitive conference. It would help them more than hurt them.
Without question...but, in their case, what is the motivation (other than he fact that they don't win in March...but, they are always a #1 seed essentially, and, unlike everyone else, they don't have to earn it)? They have an easier path every year...they just have failed to capitalize.

Without question...but, in their case, what is the motivation (other than he fact that they don't win in March...but, they are always a #1 seed essentially, and, unlike everyone else, they don't have to earn it)? They have an easier path every year...they just have failed to capitalize.
They have been to E8’s and F4’s. Maybe if they were in a competitive conference, their NCAA seeding would be tougher?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Arkansas and Tech are basically the same team. Tech might be a little better offensively. Both would be very difficult matchups for us. Really tough teams. The Red Raiders are TAKING it to the Dukies right now.

Sick of them constantly getting awarded 1 seeds just because they’re better than everybody else in a crap conference.
This, 100%. I also noticed before last nights games that hey had played the fewest games of anyone left in tournament...in most cases by 4-5 games. That includes playing in their conference tournament championship game.

I'm sorry, but with a such a weak conference and such a lacking schedule I will never agree with Gonzaga being considered the overall #1. They have proven time and time again that it's not enough.

^^. Their lack of guard play exposed them big time...
That sounds kind of ominous. I hope Ivey is enough "elite guard play" to carry Purdue, then. Of course, I really thought Edwards was enough "elite guard play" to carry us in 2019 (and he almost was).

God, I hate the tournament. I'm sure I'd love it if we could pull off one championship in it, though. :D

That sounds kind of ominous. I hope Ivey is enough "elite guard play" to carry Purdue, then. Of course, I really thought Edwards was enough "elite guard play" to carry us in 2019 (and he almost was).

God, I hate the tournament. I'm sure I'd love it if we could pull off one championship in it, though. :D
Just told my gf last night I will probably cry if we make the FF and will 100% cry if we win it all and I don't care who sees me.

Just told my gf last night I will probably cry if we make the FF and will 100% cry if we win it all and I don't care who sees me.
I was getting a little misty near the end of the Virginia game. For a brief moment even I, the consummate pessimist, believed the guys had finally breached the impenetrable fortress of the Final Four. ...and then, the basketball gods awakened and smote us once more. 😢

Reactions: TX4GB and Gemini95

Gonzaga guard play had been exposed by much lesser teams than that. It just caught up with them. Ivey is in a different league than anyone Gonzaga had. After the Texas game, I'm not really worried about our guard play. Hunter is playing well. Ivey is Ivey. And Morton is playing well. The thing that will kill us is turnovers...

Sick of them constantly getting awarded 1 seeds just because they’re better than everybody else in a crap conference.
They may have been the best team in the country in November/December.

Then everyone else improved while playing tough conference schedules in January, February, and March, and they didn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT