ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey getting taller?

Was Shawn Bradley 7'4 or 7'6?

Not to set off any alarms, but if Edey were to have a really solid year, what are the chances of him leaving early?
Yep, I could see it. That’s why we need to grab a big for 2022 to potentially rotate with Furst.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Was Shawn Bradley 7'4 or 7'6?

Not to set off any alarms, but if Edey were to have a really solid year, what are the chances of him leaving early?
But, but, he hasn't shown he can shoot from outside or play the "pick and pop"...

You can tell from his free throw form that he is probably not a terrible 3pt shooter. Boban is still in the league as is Tacko. I dont think he will leave early but he could get on a roster or a 2-way deal maybe. Just because he is on the team doesnt mean he is going to play 10 minutes a game. Same with Haarms. 7'3" guys who can move and 7'4" or even 7'6" guys dont grow on trees and one roster spot wont make a difference anyway.

Painter's recruited a lot of good players, just not a lot of great ones (I know some on here will be shocked to read not all our players are 'great').

Doesn’t, by definition, no coach recruit a lot of great players?

He has a pretty decent list of all Americans.

Doesn’t, by definition, no coach recruit a lot of great players?

He has a pretty decent list of all Americans.
That depends on your definition of great?
I think a 'great' player is a difference-maker, someone who takes over games and can elevate an entire team. GRob, Landry, Hummel, Cardinal, Moore, Edwards and soon to be Ivey.

Then there''s some good to very good players who have a great game or great half.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
He should have been a senior in high school last year! .... bwaahhhhahaha. I'm not worried about him leaving. If I were Trevion I'd be worried about losing my minutes to him though... Hopefully they are both pushing like crazy this off-season.
Hopefully they couls play together some, but I dont Painter will do that.

Hopefully they couls play together some, but I dont Painter will do that.
But then Tré would have to guard the 4 on defense which would be a terrible matchup for us. And as far as the offensive side goes neither are shooters and it would just clog up the lane and make it harder for guys like Ivey to operate around the basket. It’s fun to think about but just not sure it’s practical when put into action.

But then Tré would have to guard the 4 on defense which would be a terrible matchup for us. And as far as the offensive side goes neither are shooters and it would just clog up the lane and make it harder for guys like Ivey to operate around the basket. It’s fun to think about but just not sure it’s practical when put into action.
But, TWIN TOWERS!!!

I think a 'great' player is a difference-maker, someone who takes over games and can elevate an entire team. GRob, Landry, Hummel, Cardinal, Moore, Edwards and soon to be Ivey.

Then there''s some good to very good players who have a great game or great half.

Johnson, Hammons, Tre

Boban Marjanović is similar in size. He has been with the Mavericks for a couple years. Tacko Fall is with the Celtics. Edey may be here for a couple more years but he has a great chance to make it on an NBA roster if he continues to develop.
But i wonder if Boban is on that team to help Luka feel more comfortable.......Luka is of Serbian descent and it probably helped him having another eastern Euro guy on the roster... Boban doesn't really play...less than 5 minutes a game

Reactions: GregJM24
defensively is it any different than when swanigan played power forward? Tre is pretty similar defensively. He just doesnt have the outside shot. It could make sense if these are your best and third best player. Tre being best, Zach third best.

The other edge of that sword would be that their 4 and 5 would have to guard Tre and Edey. What 4-5 combos will be more productive on both ends of the floor than Tre and Edey?

Reactions: Emartin70287

So we have the following great players in the painter era:
Landry
Moore
Hummel
Johnson
Swanigan
Edwards
Ivey
Hammons

That’s on average landing 1 great player every other year. That seems pretty good to me. I wish we could land an all American every year, but that doesn’t seem realistic.

Reactions: GregJM24
So we have the following great players in the painter era:
Landry
Moore
Hummel
Johnson
Swanigan
Edwards
Ivey
Hammons

That’s on average landing 1 great player every other year. That seems pretty good to me. I wish we could land an all American every year, but that doesn’t seem realistic.
whos to say we didnt have two last year?? Edey could very well be the better of the two freshman.

You can tell from his free throw form that he is probably not a terrible 3pt shooter. Boban is still in the league as is Tacko. I dont think he will leave early but he could get on a roster or a 2-way deal maybe. Just because he is on the team doesnt mean he is going to play 10 minutes a game. Same with Haarms. 7'3" guys who can move and 7'4" or even 7'6" guys dont grow on trees and one roster spot wont make a difference anyway.
Its always fun to speculate but this NBA stuff is rediculous. Eventually someone will make a NBA rotation but every year posters speculate that 3 or 4 guys will leave early. Different guys in different posts. Purdue has had 2 guys leave early under Painter in 15 years and while Edwards still has a chance, neither has made into a regular rotaion.

Its much more likely we'll lose guys to the transfer portal than the NBA. We've had 3 guys transfer that had started at one time or another in the last two years. I could go back and find posts where there was speculation that each of these three guys would leave early for the NBA.

Reactions: old 23
whos to say we didnt have two last year?? Edey could very well be the better of the two freshman.

Yeah, I left off many good ones, including Tre and Edey. I was being conservative to prove my point that lamenting a dearth of great players under painter is silly.

Reactions: Schnelk
He's playing four years at Purdue or somewhere else if he transfers. He has no shot at guarding these athletic bigs in the NBA, which works to our advantage.
And they have no shot at guarding him. He'll be situational, but he'll have an impact somewhere.

Tre handles the ball at the key often. He's often our best qb when he's not sloppy.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I can’t read the Indy Star article but the headline was Edey is 7’6”?! Zachen is getting bigger, faster, stronger.

It's the Indy Star, so it's probably Zach's measurement on skates.

chara2.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT