ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue men's basketball Zach Edey Feature - The Big Problem

Casey Bartley

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 25, 2022
Zach Edey - The Big Problem

"Maybe that's why Matt Painter wants to remind us to appreciate what Zach Edey has done this game and this season. Because it's incredible what he's doing. It's even more incredible when you think about where he's coming from.

"He's worked really hard at his passing and his decision making, and that's what's so cool. And that's where I would feel good as one of the perimeter players on our team because you know you're going to get opportunities," he tells me after the game.

"He's an unbelievable weapon," and then he says something that raised my brows. Matt Painter has seen a lot of kids play basketball. He's found a lot of diamonds in the rough. He knows good basketball players and seems to see the potential that our ranking systems tend to miss. But Zach Edey turning into this?

"I never would have thought this at this point when I went the first time to recruit him. I never would have thought that," he continues. "You guys have to understand it's his sixth year of organized basketball. I don't know what age you were, but I was ten in my sixth year of organized basketball."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News