ADVERTISEMENT

Your move Bobinski...

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
You have to do it now. You cannot allow even one more practice to take place under this current head coach.

Reactions: cjcollie
I would not be surprised if there is an announcement from Purdue tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: nagemj02
He needs to, but won't happen until end of the season. If I was AD I'd just write this season off and start my search for a new coach tonight. Let DH stay until end of the season because realistically it doesn't matter, be less of a buyout I think as well.

He needs to make a move now. Keeping "coach" hazell around is going to make recruits re-think their decision and current players are going to think about looking into "other options"(if they haven't already put out feelers) The players and recruits have to see Appleby and Etling playing for teams that will end up with winning records and going to bowl games. I'll bet Markell Jones, Blough and others are wondering what the hell they were thinking committing to this crapfest and this crap "coach". The AD needs to make a bold move now to show the players,recruits,alumni and fans that Purdue is dedicated to excellence,not only in the classroom, but also in athletics.

He needs to, but won't happen until end of the season. If I was AD I'd just write this season off and start my search for a new coach tonight. Let DH stay until end of the season because realistically it doesn't matter, be less of a buyout I think as well.
It does matter. It matters to the players and it matters to the fans/alumni. A message that he cares about the PRIDE of Purdue players and alumnae/fans. He must make the statement that he cares and he supports his players and his alumnae/fans.

Reactions: nagemj02
He needs to make a move now. Keeping "coach" hazell around is going to make recruits re-think their decision and current players are going to think about looking into "other options"(if they haven't already put out feelers) The players have to see Appleby and Etling playing for teams that will end up with winning records and going to bowl games. I'll bet Markell Jones, Blough and others are wondering what the hell they were thinking committing to this crapfest and this crap "coach". The AD needs to make a bold move now to show the players,recruits,alumni and fans that Purdue is dedicated to excellence,not only in the classroom, but also in athletics.
I totally agree with you, but Markel chose us because of the aviation tech program .... his priorities are to get an av-tech degree.

Makes no difference on the buyout. We owe him the entire amount that is left on his $13.2 million contract.

Only real football programs fire coaches mid-season, so we won't be doing that. It's The Purdue Way.

There is merit for firing DH2 mid-season. It gives a heads up to the entire coaching community that the Purdue HC position open and there is an opportunity. There are HC's and their coaching staffs around the country that are on the hot seat; many will be looking for work at seasons end. But there are also coaches that are in 'safe' positions now but may be interested in looking at Purdue for advancement. Announcing mid-season the open HC position at Purdue helps these 'safe' coaches time to think about this opportunity.

Waiting until the end of the season is dangerous. A lot of coaches and positions open up with zero notice. It is like a fast game of musical chairs. If Purdue waits till the end of the season, they could be alone when the music stops. Opening up the HC position within then next 4 weeks gives Purdue an advantage for all coaches to look at and act on when they are still employed elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT