ADVERTISEMENT

You know----

Oct 30, 2001
Versyp's interviews are filled with you know's--- seems she is uncomfortable when being interviewed. Probably a little nervous, but she should watch one time and clean up the process.

Versyp's interviews are filled with you know's--- seems she is uncomfortable when being interviewed. Probably a little nervous, but she should watch one time and clean up the process.

No one noticed. No one watched. No one commented. Few care. Less showing up at games all the time. Activity on this board is being mirrored by attendance. I hope Mike and Mitch are noticing. Recruits are.

Most fans who attend women's basketball games remember a time (not so long ago) when we garnered national attention every year. Someone needs to remind/enlighten our new administrators.

No one noticed. No one watched. No one commented. Few care. Less showing up at games all the time. Activity on this board is being mirrored by attendance. I hope Mike and Mitch are noticing. Recruits are.

Most fans who attend women's basketball games remember a time (not so long ago) when we garnered national attention every year. Someone needs to remind/enlighten our new administrators.

I watch almost every game. I would attend if I weren't 5 hours away and even then see a few games each year. We took Tournament runnerup MSU to the wire in last year's B1G tournament in an extremely well coached game. I enjoy our freshman this year and think this team, despite two devastating injuries, may achieve beyond any hope of what they could do after their first four games. There are lots of reasons to follow our WBB team.

Our administration right now is much more concerned about re-establishing competitiveness for our football program than re-vamping a WBB program that is still competitive and respectable most years. Very few B1G WBB programs automatically garner naitonal attention. There are presently 2 B1G schools in the top 25. The B1G is not where excellence in women's basketball is seen right now, just as 5-10 years ago it was not where excellent football teams were found. Everything is cyclic.

Your exaggeration negates your points.

Last edited:
I watch almost every game. I would attend if I weren't 5 hours away and even then see a few games each year. We took Tournament runnerup MSU to the wire in last year's B1G tournament in an extremely well coached game. I enjoy our freshman this year and think this team, despite two devastating injuries, may achieve beyond any hope of what they could do after their first four games. There are lots of reasons to follow our WBB team.

Our administration right now is much more concerned about re-establishing competitiveness for our football program than re-vamping a WBB program that is still competitive and respectable most years. Very few B1G WBB programs automatically garner naitonal attention. There are presently 2 B1G schools in the top 25. The B1G is not where excellence in women's basketball is seen right now, just as 5-10 years ago it was not where excellent football teams were found. Everything is cyclic.

Your exaggeration negates your points.
Doc, I would like to return to the glory days instead of taking a team to the wire and lose. Let's be honest, Versyp is not the one to do it. Women's basketball would be the easiest sport to get back on top again. I sure wish Purdue would do something about it.

DocRon, with all due respect. When we were good we were way ahead of almost everyone of the other nine schools. You can attribute our current position of being marginally competitive -- playing a weak out if confetence schedule -- to our coaches' inability to recruit the home state where she should be dominant. Versyp's has not closed on a truly strong national recruit in state since Rayburn in her first class. Until a coaching change is made recruiting will remain very average and we will struggle to even make the NCAA tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT