ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah Hawkeyes!

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Another Big Ten win and knocking off arrogant USC. Saw a brief clip USC is quite disorganized from top levels down and recruiting 247 has them at 78! It shows in recruiting.

Reactions: Purdue85
I'd like to be generous, but that seems like complete incompetence.

Helton is in his 4th(?) year? And they have the 12th rated class in the PAC12.

Not supporting Helton, but USC did him no favors by letting rumors of his firing at the end of the season run rampant all year.

Now, after Iowa’s impressive beatdown, he’s a lame duck next year

Not supporting Helton, but USC did him no favors by letting rumors of his firing at the end of the season run rampant all year.

here's the deal, I know someone who is an USC booster, he said SC's president and AD are both from Ohio, the president told the AD you can hire anyone you want, AD wanted Urban, She ( the president) said no to him. Bob Stoops was then contacted, the deal fell through when SC didn't want to pay Stoops would be assistants what Stoops wanted. Glad the Hawks won but that frosh QB at SC reminded me of Brees number and all. Iowa's DL and OL controlled the game for the most part. Memphis will be a tough game next season too.

here's the deal, I know someone who is an USC booster, he said SC's president and AD are both from Ohio, the president told the AD you can hire anyone you want, AD wanted Urban, She ( the president) said no to him. Bob Stoops was then contacted, the deal fell through when SC didn't want to pay Stoops would be assistants what Stoops wanted. Glad the Hawks won but that frosh QB at SC reminded me of Brees number and all. Iowa's DL and OL controlled the game for the most part. Memphis will be a tough game next season too.

Memphis plays an entertaining style of football. They lose 4 or 5 starters from each side of the ball, and their QB could come back(for a 6th season) but sounds like he won't. Still, looks like two of Purdue's non-conference opponents for next season(Memphis and Air Force) will finish this season ranked in the top 25.

Helton was a horrible choice. USC is running their program into the ground. It's staggering how far they've fallen...

Helton was a horrible choice. USC is running their program into the ground. It's staggering how far they've fallen...
I won’t shed a tear for that program. They are side by side in arrogance with tO$U. Makes it easy to enjoy their slide. When they can buy player contracts in a year or so (player likeness on Jerseys and games), watch out. Their deep pockets will buy a good program. Reggie Bush $500k condo to live in and car to use will be chump change. Look for big money to get top talent.

Last edited:
I won’t shed a tear for that program. They are side by side in arrogance with tO$U makes it easy to enjoy their slide. When they can buy player contracts in a year or so (player likeness), watch out. Their deep pockets will buy a good program.

California will ruin college athletics, just like they've done with everything else. I honestly wish they'd secede so we can move forward being the United States of America, rather than being ruled by the crazy California regulations...

California will ruin college athletics, just like they've done with everything else. I honestly wish they'd secede so we can move forward being the United States of America, rather than being ruled by the crazy California regulations...
So, just to keep the ole Red, White and Blue balanced at 50; who would you add?

Can we get rid of Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, Louisiana, Arkansas, West Virginia, Oklahoma? They are leeches on the economy by contributing nothing and too many of their citizens don’t realize the good guys won the Civil War.

Reactions: Bobtheboiler88
also strange watching their O being so pass oriented, not much of a running game for a program that has a history of producing RB's. Seems like nd is trying to get back to having a more balanced attack w/ their new OC.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I'd like to be generous, but that seems like complete incompetence.

Helton is in his 4th(?) year? And they have the 12th rated class in the PAC12.
To me the most staggering fact is this: as of signing day, USC’s top rated recruit was the #26 player in California. Meaning they whiffed on the top 25 instate players. I think the Haze could have done better than that.

To me the most staggering fact is this: as of signing day, USC’s top rated recruit was the #26 player in California. Meaning they whiffed on the top 25 instate players. I think the Haze could have done better than that.
he was dead man walking, who's going to go there
giphy.gif

recruiting isn't over yet and they did that Ford guy we wanted.
20 out of the top 25 in California have signed already, and none with USC. Of the other 5, only one has CBs favoring USC.

Ford is a 3 star OT from TX, ranked 689 in the country. Would have been a nice pickup for us, but would normally be considered a reach for USC, due to whiffing on the higher ranked CA guys that they have typically signed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT