ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting levels of USC and UCLA

amarcott

All-American
Sep 11, 2011
Luckily I've been working to expand my site to all of P5 so I can have this ready.

Where does USC and UCLA slot into the Big Ten in terms of recruiting?

xPTzMCd.png

And then for just the last 5 years:

cmquobU.png

Basically, in terms of just recruiting prowess we're adding another OSU/Michigan to the conference in USC. And we're adding another Wisconsin/MSU in UCLA. Those two programs haven't been coached to their talent level lately, but I have to imagine Lincoln Riley at least will turn around USC.

One unique aspect these will bring to the Big Ten is that most of their recruiting is done in-state since it's so big and talent-rich. I've got 62.14% of UCLA recruits coming from California, and 64.66% of USC recruits coming from California. For comparison's sake only 38.38% of Ohio State recruits come from Ohio, and only 14.23% of Purdue recruits come from Indiana. Those California numbers are not outliers for other schools in large talent-rich states: 54.76% of Georgia recruits are from the state of Georgia, 75.52% of Longhorn recruits are from Texas, 61.94% of Gators are from Florida, 54.37% of Seminoles are from Florida, and 66.54% of Hurricanes are from Florida. The closest current-Big Ten program to recruit that many in-state players is Rutgers with 42.64% of their recruits coming from New Jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News