ADVERTISEMENT

Yawn, still no news. Glad we paid for a search firm.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Only to be on option IV. I'm reading that Bobo is doing all the work. Wondering if he thinks the money spent on DHR Intl and Glenn Sugiyama was worth it?

I'm thinking they got the wrong guy leading the search from DHR Intl. Pat Richter was instrumental in getting Barry Alvarez and Bo Ryan. Need I say more?
http://www.dhrinternational.com/consultants/about-global-executive-search-consultants/pat-richter/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Richter#Athletic_director
For the love of Morgue, give it a rest will you?

Only to be on option IV. I'm reading that Bobo is doing all the work. Wondering if he thinks the money spent on DHR Intl and Glenn Sugiyama was worth it?

I'm thinking they got the wrong guy leading the search from DHR Intl. Pat Richter was instrumental in getting Barry Alvarez and Bo Ryan. Need I say more?
http://www.dhrinternational.com/consultants/about-global-executive-search-consultants/pat-richter/

Could not agree more...many questioned that decision from the outset, and, given what has transpired, it would appear as though it was a colossal waste of money.

Could not agree more...many questioned that decision from the outset, and, given what has transpired, it would appear as though it was a colossal waste of money.
Come on man. A colossal waste of money is paying the haze $4.4 million to do nothing for the next two years. Hundred thousand dollars for a search firm is a drop in the bucket.

I won't give it a rest till a coach who can make fans give a sh_t is signed, sealed and delivered. I have seen nothing from DHR Intl to change my mind at this point. If Bobinski is doing all the work, then money was flushed and should have been spent on signing bonuses to get coach, and his O.C., D.C. and coaching staff onboard and meeting recruits along with flipping some with good potential.
The $$$'s spent would have been better money spent firing up the Purdue jet to get to recruits hometowns and in their living room. IMHO!

Reactions: IronChefBBQ

You do realize that they don't follow your self-entitled schedule right?

You do realize that they don't follow your self-entitled schedule right?
Interestingly enough, the school administration now actually does. You see if they don't satisfy Joe-non-show-up-regardless-of-peformance-fan with this hire, the football team may be screwed bigger than any of you honks are even fathoming. If Purdue does not start generating legit wins and fans support in football, we may not be a member of the football portion of the B1G much longer.

Interestingly enough, the school administration now actually does. You see if they don't satisfy Joe-non-show-up-regardless-of-peformance-fan with this hire, the football team may be screwed bigger than any of you honks are even fathoming. If Purdue does not start generating legit wins and fans support in football, we may not be a member of the football portion of the B1G much longer.

Yes we will, we are the designated homecoming opponent.

No they still don't. And you're comparing apples to oranges... you're comparing wins to when you think something should be announced. Not the same thing and you aren't entitled to anything that regard.

And just what is a honk?

Yes we will, we are the designated homecoming opponent.
They won't continue to pay us millions and millions of dollars to bring absolutely nothing to the table (and to not even invest the money in football). We are a complete drag on the conference and easily replaced when true super conferences come to pass.

They won't continue to pay us millions and millions of dollars to bring absolutely nothing to the table (and to not even invest the money in football). We are a complete drag on the conference and easily replaced when true super conferences come to pass.

This is dumb. There has never been a team forced out of the Big Ten and there's no reason to think there will be. Hell, we invited Rutgers to join the conference. It wasn't for the wins. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Michigan, Ohio State, and the top of the conference really don't care if it's us at the bottom or Minnesota or Maryland. Someone is going to be every year and whoever that team is will not be kicked out.

That's why we are investing more than ever in football.

This time around it's more than lip service.

Just because we don't have a coach wrapped up doesn't mean we aren't trying. Fleck and Brohm haven't taken a job elsewhere and haven't signed extensions at their current gigs. Seems to still be good news for us there.

The problems (Burke, Hazell, Cordova, no BOt buy in) have all been flushed. It's truly time for us to take football seriously and it looks like we are trying to do that. If you (fans)...or Bobinski or Daniels let the past failings of the Athletic Department effect how they act moving forward we will be doomed to the fate you highlight.

Rome wasn't built in a day and it's going to take more than a day and more than 1 coaching hire to change things. I will wait to pass judgement until the coaching search is done and we have our guy. I'm not going to dump on guys trying to change things for the better just because they haven't hired a guy yet on my personal and subjective timeline. Let's be honest...I'm sure you've got a nice professional life...but you and I and most on here have no clue how this stuff works behind the scenes. Let's let it play out and judge from there!

Just because we don't have a coach wrapped up doesn't mean we aren't trying. Fleck and Brohm haven't taken a job elsewhere and haven't signed extensions at their current gigs. Seems to still be good news for us there.

The problems (Burke, Hazell, Cordova, no BOt buy in) have all been flushed. It's truly time for us to take football seriously and it looks like we are trying to do that. If you (fans)...or Bobinski or Daniels let the past failings of the Athletic Department effect how they act moving forward we will be doomed to the fate you highlight.

Rome wasn't built in a day and it's going to take more than a day and more than 1 coaching hire to change things. I will wait to pass judgement until the coaching search is done and we have our guy. I'm not going to dump on guys trying to change things for the better just because they haven't hired a guy yet on my personal and subjective timeline. Let's be honest...I'm sure you've got a nice professional life...but you and I and most on here have no clue how this stuff works behind the scenes. Let's let it play out and judge from there!
NO!

I am going to storm Wooden Drive if we don't hire someone, ANYONE, by sundown!!!

Who's with me!!???!!

Reactions: Indy_Rider

By the way, I really don't care when we announce. Just that we announce the right person. Unfortunately, history has shown us thar the longer things go, the less likely we are to get the right guy.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
This is dumb. There has never been a team forced out of the Big Ten and there's no reason to think there will be. Hell, we invited Rutgers to join the conference. It wasn't for the wins. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Michigan, Ohio State, and the top of the conference really don't care if it's us at the bottom or Minnesota or Maryland. Someone is going to be every year and whoever that team is will not be kicked out.
Exactly. If IU wasn't kicked out of Big 10 football prior to their 2 year run recently, than no other team ever will.

Fun fact, IU would have to win their next 190 straight games just to get to .500 all time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT