ADVERTISEMENT

Wrigley Post Game Bar for UNC Hoops Game

Rose Bowl Boilers

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2001
Anyone know which bar at Wrigley will be hosting Purdue fans to watch the Purdue/UNC Basketball game after the football game?

The Warehouse, Fireplace Inn, and Waterhouse Tavern are the official Purdue bars in Chicago. I know the cages are fun but the only bar I wouldn't go to is Sluggers - IU bar.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Warehouse is a solid option. A quick ride on the redline to the Fullerton stop and it’s right there. Good food too.

The Warehouse, Fireplace Inn, and Waterhouse Tavern are the official Purdue bars in Chicago. I know the cages are fun but the only bar I wouldn't go to is Sluggers - IU bar.
My go-to Purdue bar is Waterhouse Tavern, marginally closer than The Warehouse. 3 train stops from Wrigley(one stop on Red Line to Belmont, easy transfer at Belmont, 2 train stops on Brown Line to Paulina stop (directly across street from Waterhouse. Top Purdue bar. DJ plays Purdue fight song when appropriate, serves Boiler Brew beer, multi TV screens. Home for many Purdue fans!

Long gone are the days of Durkins! Used to be a great Purdue bar in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Reactions: DAG10
The goto bar for Purdue folks in Wrighlyville is the one with all the black and gold dressed people inside cheering on the Boilers.

Bar, or, restaurant as well and kids are able to go?
I've seen families/kids in Warehouse. Plus they will like the pizza. However, it can fill up fast on saturday afternoons. Waterhouse has more booths but is also family friendly. My opinion on Fireplace Inn is that its strictly a loud fratboy sausage fest for horny 25 yr olds, typical of most joints on Wells St. Stay away from Deuces if you have kids with you under 10-12

Last edited:
I've seen families/kids in Warehouse. Plus they will like the pizza. However, it can fill up fast on saturday afternoons. Waterhouse has more booths but is also family friendly. My opinion on Fireplace Inn is that its strictly a loud fratboy sausage fest for horny 25 yr olds, typical of most joints on Wells St. Stay away from Deuces if you have kids with you under 10-12

You hit the nail on the head with Fireplace Inn. Also a longer ways getting to Old Town. Warehouse also takes reservations if you wanna guarantee a spot. Not sure if Waterhouse does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT