ADVERTISEMENT

WR depth chart

Mar 8, 2013
I am not sure if I should perceive this as a good thing or bad thing:

I feel like in Hazel's 3 years the WR depth chart has changed every year. It seems like there are no WR that start between years. For example what happened to Dan Monteroso? I have not heard much about Trae Hart even though he played as a true frosh last year. On a personal note, I always thought Shane Mikesky was going to be a solid WR, I mean he is 6'4" and a state champion hurdler.

We have a lot of WR's who will produce this year, and Anthrop, Yancey and Posey are not new names...but barring injury, this will be the year when they all shine. Phillips, Young and Mahoungou...and Marshall will all contribute. That leaves Mikesky, Hart , Monteroso and Norwood fighting to play or contributing on special teams. Our QB, is going to have time to throw, and these WR's have the opportunity to put up some numbers. This offense looks very different. This year and next are the years when playing all those freshman in 2013 finally pays off. We now have a roster full of guys who know what to do in their sleep. Read about what the WR's were doing all summer. Look at the depth...and I almost forgot Jarrett Burgess. This year is going to be night and day different...we have sufficient quality dept to absorb the injuries if any hit us this year. I'm pumped---can't wait for Marshall.

We have a lot of WR's who will produce this year, and Anthrop, Yancey and Posey are not new names...but barring injury, this will be the year when they all shine. Phillips, Young and Mahoungou...and Marshall will all contribute. That leaves Mikesky, Hart , Monteroso and Norwood fighting to play or contributing on special teams. Our QB, is going to have time to throw, and these WR's have the opportunity to put up some numbers. This offense looks very different. This year and next are the years when playing all those freshman in 2013 finally pays off. We now have a roster full of guys who know what to do in their sleep. Read about what the WR's were doing all summer. Look at the depth...and I almost forgot Jarrett Burgess. This year is going to be night and day different...we have sufficient quality dept to absorb the injuries if any hit us this year. I'm pumped---can't wait for Marshall.
I think Posey gets passed over in fall camp. He might be second team when this all shakes out. I think Phillips, Domo Young, Marshall, and maybe Burgess take PT away from Posey.

I think Posey gets passed over in fall camp. He might be second team when this all shakes out. I think Phillips, Domo Young, Marshall, and maybe Burgess take PT away from Posey.

Burgess? Guy hasnt played football in a long time and is a walk on. He could get PT down the road, but its more likely he plays Special Teams this year or Redshirts.

Posey will most likely be a second teamer, but guy has always had a knack for getting open which should have a premium placed on it.

Hopefully the lack of TE's means meaningful snaps for 6-7 receivers, and shirts for everyone else instead of just weirdly playing & benching guys on a whim.

Based on the history of this staff at Purdue, I'd say that's unlikely.

Stacey said it was okay to quote the spring preview, and Im almost positive the staff openly acknowledged more of a spread system a couple times. That said, it wouldnt be the first time Haz said one thing and did another. Nor would it be the first time they tried to force they system they want instead of adapting to what they have.

Then again, the spring game offense looked a lot like the 2014v2 offense so we will see.

Stacey said it was okay to quote the spring preview, and Im almost positive the staff openly acknowledged more of a spread system a couple times. That said, it wouldnt be the first time Haz said one thing and did another. Nor would it be the first time they tried to force they system they want instead of adapting to what they have.

Then again, the spring game offense looked a lot like the 2014v2 offense so we will see.
Yup, especially when Etling was the QB.

Yup, especially when Etling was the QB.

Not sure what this means. The downs I saw with Etling (I was also entertaining my kid), seemed like 2013v2. He drops back, pass rushers easily get to him, and pound him.

2014v2 was more about read option and plays on the perimeter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT