ADVERTISEMENT

Who goes to #1?

Who should be the #1 on Monday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year!!!!! Texas A&M was ranked #17 but was not selected to play in the ncaa tournament because of their bad losses! Do you want more examples chi boiler??? Get off my case! You knew I was right !
This is a revelation!! Just who did Penn State play in last year's NCAA????

Once again you are a bit off in your perspective. No harm done, but it does make you look foolish. No sweat, I've probably posted worse.

:cool:

I will be very surprised if Az drops out of the top 3. I don’t care if we’re 1 or 2. I think our win was more impressive than Kansas’s but will it be seen by the voters as enough to jump them since they won their away game the team currently leading the B1G.

UNC was ranked high last December! They were not selected for the ncaa tournament and skipped the nit tournament. So December rankings are meaningless! As for the tournament, they pay closer attention to other factors rather than rankings!
Well the factor here was "rankings". I'm not sure you are making the point you intend to. Yes, UNC was ranked #1 at the start of the season, but by the end of the season they were not ranked at all. Rankings do play the major role in at-large invitations. Of course, Conference champions also get a place at the table. So what the heck do you mean "As for the tournament, they pay closer attention to other factors rather than rankings!" What "Other Factors"?

The NCAA selection committee is all about the rankings, just not those at the start of the season.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Thank goodness they are finally in a real conference. Because they have proven they won't schedule tough games on their own.
I have see their fans say “they don’t get invited” to the OOC in season tournaments…so I wonder which is true…maybe a bit of both?

Not that it matters but no team in the Country has a better resume than our wins. Not close. We will be #1 and looks like for hopefully a few weeks and at IU
Hoping to have every home court fanbase to start the game eager and hopeful to storm the court, only to be disappointed at the end.

Cart getting before the horse? What was St Peters ranked before we met them in wherever?

Somebody on here talked about being tired of winning December every year. Let’s win March for a change!!!!
Is it OK if we win December, too? And is it also OK if Purdue fans celebrate when we do? Or should we just shut down until March? Asking for a friend.

Last year!!!!! Texas A&M was ranked #17 but was not selected to play in the ncaa tournament because of their bad losses! Do you want more examples chi boiler??? Get off my case! You knew I was right !
Try again. Or just stop while you're behind. Texas A&M was a 7 seed and lost to Penn State in the first round. You may be thinking of the year before when they were one of the last few out, but not ranked.

Well the factor here was "rankings". I'm not sure you are making the point you intend to. Yes, UNC was ranked #1 at the start of the season, but by the end of the season they were not ranked at all. Rankings do play the major role in at-large invitations. Of course, Conference champions also get a place at the table. So what the heck do you mean "As for the tournament, they pay closer attention to other factors rather than rankings!" What "Other Factors"?

The NCAA selection committee is all about the rankings, just not those at the start of the season.
One thing he's right about is that the AP Poll rankings don't mean much for the committee. But they generally tend to stay in line with the several other metrics that the committee does use, such as the NET, Sagarin, etc.

But because the polls mirror the other ranking systems for the most part, there are similarities. But the poll rankings are not in the room.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT