ADVERTISEMENT

When does the NIL lead to the joining of programs

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
Just like the D League in the NBA, when does "You pick a name " D1 Power 5 University enter into an agreement with a mid-major for that mid to take a roster of recruits from the D1 school to get a year of experience who then as 2nd/3rd year players, enter the portal to be signed by the You pick a name Power 5?

During that year or two, the Mid has a bunch of talent with the opportunity to win conferences with a long run in the NCAA's.

I can see it happening as this goes forward.

What sayeth you?

Reactions: Inspector100
Just like the D League in the NBA, when does "You pick a name " D1 Power 5 University enter into an agreement with a mid-major for that mid to take a roster of recruits from the D1 school to get a year of experience who then as 2nd/3rd year players, enter the portal to be signed by the You pick a name Power 5?

During that year or two, the Mid has a bunch of talent with the opportunity to win conferences with a long run in the NCAA's.

What sayeth you?
I've said all along the NIL correlates to pro teams with continuous free agency and no salary cap.
The Rich will get Richer and teams like Butler will fade into obscurity.

I've said all along the NIL correlates to pro teams with continuous free agency and no salary cap.
The Rich will get Richer and teams like Butler will fade into obscurity.

I can see that comparison, especially when you add in the transfer portal rules.

From another Steve McQueen classic -

"It's out of control, and it's coming your way......"

maxresdefault.jpg

What sayeth you?
why would you limit yourself to the one team of players to pick from when you have the whole country to pick from now? How many really good players are going to want to do that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT