ADVERTISEMENT

Whattup Boilermakers!

I hope that it happens. Tennessee is the type of team that has historically given Purdue trouble and I think that facing Tennessee, win or lose, will only make Purdue better in the long run.

Agree. Good game for long run.

Imo If we play them, we likely lose unless we have a great shooting day as I don't think our D is up to handling the T guards yet.

I had no idea that Knecht’s name was pronounced Connect 🤷🏻‍♂

I’m wondering who gets the assignment on him from our side.

Y’all certainly have the roster to be competitive and make a deep run.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Haven’t posted in a while - greetings from Vols land. Hoping we get a rematch in second round in Maui. Past games have been great.
I live in Tennessee so the Vols are my adopted second team. This should be a very good game in a great environment. I’m really looking forward to it, that is, if we can both beat our first round opponents.

Tennessee looks GREAT, especially Knecht. Will be a great experience for Purdue win or lose to play those talented guards.

I hope that it happens. Tennessee is the type of team that has historically given Purdue trouble and I think that facing Tennessee, win or lose, will only make Purdue better in the long run.

Agree. Good game for long run.

Imo If we play them, we likely lose unless we have a great shooting day as I don't think our D is up to handling the T guards yet.
Clearly we are all in a "get ready for March" mode this year. :)

...and I agree, I'd rather play a bunch of games like this that will give us problems, just to prepare for the infernal single-elimination tournament.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I live in Tennessee so the Vols are my adopted second team. This should be a very good game in a great environment. I’m really looking forward to it, that is, if we can both beat our first round opponents.
The Vols are also my adopted team. My cousins used to own the book store on the campus at UT. I used to spend summer vacations in the Smokies when I was a lot younger.

Alright, it’s going to happen. Hopefully Knecht can recover, but not sure if we can do anything on the inside without Awoka.

I hate to say this, but how the game is called will be huge. If they call the game correctly, TN will be in trouble. If they are allowed to foul PU will be in trouble.

I hate to say this, but how the game is called will be huge. If they call the game correctly, TN will be in trouble. If they are allowed to foul PU will be in trouble.
Well, they called a few against the Zags, but not near what they could.

Reactions: Schnelk
Man its going to be a slugfest tomorrow night. Looking forward to this one! Painter 2-1 against the Vols and each game has been fantastic!

If they call it like the 1st half, we will be right in it. If they call it like the 2nd half we're in trouble. I know you couldn't watch the TN/Cuse game. TN fouls ALOT. It's a matter if they are called.
I thought Bilas was being a little dramatic, as ‘Cuse seemed to be playing just as physical as Tennessee. I really want a game that flows good and am not a fan of slugfests.

I thought Bilas was being a little dramatic, as ‘Cuse seemed to be playing just as physical as Tennessee. I really want a game that flows good and am not a fan of slugfests.
My comment has nothing to do with Bilas. I don't pay any attention to what he says. My eyes tell me TN fouls a lot. It's just the way they play. If they get away with it, they are very tough. If they get called for them, they are in trouble. Barnes has always coached that way. Nothing wrong with it, you just have to live with the fact that if the game is called tight, you are going to have a tough go of it.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
If they call it like the 1st half, we will be right in it. If they call it like the 2nd half we're in trouble. I know you couldn't watch the TN/Cuse game. TN fouls ALOT. It's a matter if they are called.
All good D generally has a bit of fouling, but some do it challenging the officials to see if they will slow down with their calls AND many do. I got home with 15 minutes to go living on my GPS arrival time. Called Kim with 20 minutes to go to see if she had anything. She has the locator on my phone and already knew where I was...and she had Shrimp Scampi ready for me when the game started. All in all a very good game the way Purdue did it. However that first half mixed with bourbon has given me a real slight headache. Gotta toughen up to be a Purdue fan

lol - never comes up anymore. Focused on recruiting, Nico and next year’s CFP
Hoping Purdue football recruiting enables us before long to once again piss off the Vols😉

As to hoops, tomorrow’s game should be an excellent measuring stick for both teams.

I’d love to see Tennessee permanently on Purdue’s non conference basketball schedule…

Hoping Purdue football recruiting enables us before long to once again piss off the Vols😉

As to hoops, tomorrow’s game should be an excellent measuring stick for both teams.

I’d love to see Tennessee permanently on Purdue’s non conference basketball schedule…
I like the fact that Barnes really makes an effort to get Tennessee into these big time tournaments. Used to be only UK that would do it.

I like the fact that Barnes really makes an effort to get Tennessee into these big time tournaments. Used to be only UK that would do it.
hey Scott, would you or any vol fans be interested in a Tenn plastic car vanity plate I have from back in the 70's? It's white w/ an orange box white helmet Tennesee on top, vols beneath it and to the right G o Big Orange great cond $20 plus ship

Did you see the Marquette-UCLA game ... good gawd, it looked like football refs

hey Scott, would you or any vol fans be interested in a Tenn plastic car vanity plate I have from back in the 70's? It's white w/ an orange box white helmet Tennesee on top, vols beneath it and to the right G o Big Orange great cond $20 plus ship
PM me a pic and I'll see what I can do

PM me a pic and I'll see what I can do
like finding a bb on a 4 lane highway are the chances you are a "Scott" I worked with several years ago. That Scott was a huge Tennessee fan whose family owned outside Nashville a company, but also hired workers in Monterrey, Mexico to do ultrasonic welding on a bladder that would be tied into a pressure sensor to determine the weight and size somewhat of an occupant before firing off an airbag since in the early days children were getting hurt by the air bags.

You wouldn't like typical Big 10 play. Slugfests are encouraged by the league decision-makers. Unfortunately.

Reactions: bonefish1
like finding a bb on a 4 lane highway are the chances you are a "Scott" I worked with several years ago. That Scott was a huge Tennessee fan whose family owned outside Nashville a company, but also hired workers in Monterrey, Mexico to do ultrasonic welding on a bladder that would be tied into a pressure sensor to determine the weight and size somewhat of an occupant before firing off an airbag since in the early days children were getting hurt by the air bags.
Born and raised in Nashville, and my Dad worked at the Ford Glass Plant, but no other family members owned a company like that. Sounds interesting though.

Reactions: tjreese
You wouldn't like typical Big 10 play. Slugfests are encouraged by the league decision-makers. Unfortunately.
SEC basketball has gotten so much better lately, with improvements by Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee; to go along with a historically good UK program. The games are usually free flowing and fun to watch.

Out of that group, I do agree TN is more apt to get into a slugfest. The UK guys bitch and moan constantly when we play them.

Born and raised in Nashville, and my Dad worked at the Ford Glass Plant, but no other family members owned a company like that. Sounds interesting though.
Yeah...super nice guy! They had experience with ultrasonic welding for hospital bids. We used them to weld a plastic bag around a gel used for breast augmentation to go in the seats of Ford that would generate pressure when sat on that a pressure sensor would pick up. We also brought in a competitor to them that had experience with the seat cushions in planes out of San Diego...two blocks from a bad area that I almost entered accidently. GM was trying to do the same thing but with flexible circuit boards. Ford's worked and GMs struggled. Made a few trips down there and got sick once. Too much drinking and watching the bands inside a 17 story hotel...got up around 3 in the morning with a dry mouth and didn't think when I got a drink out of the faucet. Got some really bad cramping on the flight home and had to turn around and head to Toronto for something and was sick that whole trip. Didn't figure you were he, but thought I would try. ;)

Tennessee is the common denominator when it comes to the cause of the "slugfest". If you haven't figured that out yet, you should...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT