ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard CJ Madden!

I noticed the last two transfers were undersized DEs and the article talked about them as linebackers. is it possible Walters is looking at running a defense similar to the packers with 3 upfront defensive linemen, and two pass rushing edge linebackers?

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
I noticed the last two transfers were undersized DEs and the article talked about them as linebackers. is it possible Walters is looking at running a defense similar to the packers with 3 upfront defensive linemen, and two pass rushing edge linebackers?
Yes, we run that now already.

Reactions: Beorik and z_one
Looks like someone didn't watch a single Purdue game all last year. Or read about Walters at all.

If you're going to be a pro troller, you have to at least watch a game or two.

Maybe because that’s the defense Walters already runs……

Reactions: Beorik and z_one
I was looking into this guy a bit more. May end up being a huge get. 4 star out of high school projected to be NFL talent. Not sure what happened at GA, but I'm guessing they have a plethora of NFL talent. A bit surprised we got him as he's still probably in the 2 deeps with Scourton and Jenkins in front of him. Seems to be a better fit in walters system than say Syndor.

Says the guy who didn't even know what defense Walters runs.

Oh right. You're just a sad troll and don't know anything about Purdue.
Not knowing the exact type of defense a team runs is not a reason for others to start name calling people! I would venture there are many other fans who do not know the exact type of defense or offense Purdue runs. If this was a different site, the comments made against me would lead to his his expulsion from this board! However, since it’s me, the behavior is considered acceptable, encouraged and applauded!

Not knowing the exact type of defense a team runs is not a reason for others to start name calling people! I would venture there are many other fans who do not know the exact type of defense or offense Purdue runs. If this was a different site, the comments made against me would lead to his his expulsion from this board! However, since it’s me, the behavior is considered acceptable, encouraged and applauded!
You don't know what defense Purdue runs because you're not a Purdue fan. You come here complaining about the team and you don't even know what you are talking about.

Any Purdue fan knows what defense we run because it is what Walters was known for. Some fans hate it, and that's fine - they have valid points. But they KNOW about it because they are fans. You, however and not a fan. You are just a Troll. Any abuse you get is purely the fruit of your own making.

I think the term you want is a base 3-4

Walters runs almost an amoeba defense, no not the Jerry Tarkanian college one, lol....its a base 3-4 if you need to call it something, with OLB being in rush position, typically at the line in a 2 point, but sometimes 3-point stance.

It relies on big uglies up front, but really needs tallent at the OLB/Edge position and they are asked to do allot in his defense. They rush, the cover RB's and Tight ends, they set the edge on a rush game....the 3 down linemen's job is to hold up blocks, take on double teams, allow the 4 backers (or 3 in a Nickle) freedom to wreck havock.

It worked at Ill. It should work here too, and have 2 big time recruits coming in to show that it looks like.

Honestly think the 80's and 90's giants defense, very similar to the defense that Lawrence Taylor excelled in (and Carl Banks on the other side), thus the need for talent at OLB and our recruitment of "small" D-ends.

Makes sense we can pull a kid from Georgia, he will be set up to excel at Purdue, could be a good path for him to the NFL, should put up big numbers if he can handle the pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I was looking into this guy a bit more. May end up being a huge get. 4 star out of high school projected to be NFL talent. Not sure what happened at GA, but I'm guessing they have a plethora of NFL talent. A bit surprised we got him as he's still probably in the 2 deeps with Scourton and Jenkins in front of him. Seems to be a better fit in walters system than say Syndor.
He’s a very very very good player.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT