ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend visitors

This was predicted, guessing that’s who fills out the

Would three sets of siblings would be good for the program? Unique to say the least. Are we going for some kind of recognition here? Bloods always thicker than water. I could see this being problematic at some point? Could be wrong but not sure 3 sets of siblings would be advantageous. Sends the wrong message. Days of courtesy offers to siblings needs to be over if Coach G is interested in truly changing the program. Should always be the very best players for the positions needed, hands down and if a sibling isn’t good enough, then so be it. Move on. Conversation is different I think if we were talking about All-American siblings with these three sets, but that’s not the case. Is Coach getting herself into some potentially sticky situations here? Maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

We’ll see about the siblings stuff, I mean if Harper commits we’re likely talking 8-9th player stuff.

Reactions: HoopDad317
We’ll see about the siblings stuff, I mean if Harper commits we’re likely talking 8-9th player stuff.
Looking at the younger Harper's stats from her freshman year, she is half the player Learn was, and I don't see that as additive at this point. Unfortunately Mila Reynolds is more of a wing than a post and UMary trying to unsuccessfully put her into their post deficit was a huge part of why they amicably parted company. We will need Groot to be ready to play and to go through the season with no injuries in the very thin post position, IMHO

Looking at the younger Harper's stats from her freshman year, she is half the player Learn was, and I don't see that as additive at this point. Unfortunately Mila Reynolds is more of a wing than a post and UMary trying to unsuccessfully put her into their post deficit was a huge part of why they amicably parted company. We will need Groot to be ready to play and to go through the season with no injuries in the very thin post position, IMHO
I think the younger harper will be a project. The only stat I care about with her is rebounding which does need to improve. Hopefully shes better defensively than learn and Woltman eventually.

Beyond Holmes at IU there isn't a true dominant center in the league. The other top posts are more mobile similar to milas game.

And michael we already know every post you make is your honest opinion 😜

Harper’s stats were 5 pts, 2 rebounds a game, hardly impressive. Having said that, she ended the season with 3 straight double digit points while getting many more minutes. If she commits we’ll see if she cracks the rotation.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT