ADVERTISEMENT

"We just weren't ready to play today"

BoilerStutz

Junior
Jul 14, 2006
Indianapolis
I am so tired of hearing this. Homecoming and a lousy team coming in, and we weren't ready to play?

We have won 2 Big Ten games in three seasons. How about acknowledging the obvious? We simply stink.

We do not have talent, we do not have coaching, and we certainly do not have a commitment to football. What we do have is a swimmer AD.

We are going to get absolutely pounded by IU. THE IU whose football program has always been the laughingstock of Big Ten football. Guess who has taken on that role? Ain't it fun being dead last?

Yeah, they made sure Hope was gone, and he was 5 times the coach Hazell is! Evidently we are supposed to cheer our team on during every defeat and/or beatdown.How the coaching staff can keep from resigning or commiting suicide, is beyond me!

Reactions: Redhotfill
I am so tired of hearing this. Homecoming and a lousy team coming in, and we weren't ready to play?

We have won 2 Big Ten games in three seasons. How about acknowledging the obvious? We simply stink.

We do not have talent, we do not have coaching, and we certainly do not have a commitment to football. What we do have is a swimmer AD.

We are going to get absolutely pounded by IU. THE IU whose football program has always been the laughingstock of Big Ten football. Guess who has taken on that role? Ain't it fun being dead last?
Then how do you explain last week's performance against NE or the way we performed in the 2nd half against MSU? We had opportunities to win the BGU and Marshall games. Poor execution, stupid penalties, lousy play call = coaching problems.

Then how do you explain last week's performance against NE or the way we performed in the 2nd half against MSU? We had opportunities to win the BGU and Marshall games. Poor execution, stupid penalties, lousy play call = coaching problems.
Easy. Nebraska had a former walkon QB giving the ball to us repeatedly, and MSU put it on cruise control after getting out to a big lead.

We have bad coaching and worse talent.

Lofty! Touche! Sick of hearing talent isn't there! These guys find a way to coach down instead of coaching "UP"! Which is what they are paid a bundle to do!

Yesterday's game was flat out awful. By the end of the 3rd quarter, I think Illinois had close to 500 yards and we had 110. Defense was pathetic and offense couldn't do squat, After nearly 3 years, you can't point to any area where progress is being seen. So it sounds like Hazell is back for another year, huh? Well, you won't see me buying season tickets for it.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT