ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Tournament Preview

Here is your complete preview of this weekend's volleyball first and second rounds.

Just FYI as Travis said the video stream of these first two VB games will be on ESPN+. If you are not a subscriber it is just under $11 for one month and, as a plus, you can stream the WBB game at Dayton on Friday. That was the deciding factor in me subscribing for the next month.

Quick look at a potential R32 match-up: Eastern Illinois could be a very worthy opponent if they can get past Marquette tonight (and assuming Purdue gets passed Fairfield.)

I work at an OVC school (UT-Martin) and have watched this Eastern Illinois team develop over the past couple seasons. They're a veteran group with great size in the middle, powerful outside hitters, and very athletic defensive players in the back. They're 28-4 for a reason.

I just watched Eastern Illinois get swept by Marquette, who smothered them holding their hitting % to over 0.200 below their season average. (I can’t find the box score right now for exact numbers.) Eastern Illinois clearly has talent but were no match for Marquette.

If Purdue survives to play Marquette tomorrow night it will be a tough match Just like it was when we played them in September.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT