ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Press Conference - 9/4

My thoughts on what was most interesting in this press conference:

* Eva Hudson is "making progress" and better these last two matches. Sounds like she had an actual injury rather than just being "worn out" which was my initial understanding.
* The decision between Anderson and Poulter is still not decided. Like a football team having two good QBs.
* Working every day to not let teams take advantage of Chicoine's lack of stature - specifically to get backcourt people to "make more plays." Taking her out is not an option as she is too valuable.
* Dave feels we match up well to SMU.
* Chicoine has had "ups and downs" - especially the first weekend.
* He thinks next year's schedule will again be 20 league matches with playing each team in the league once, then your travel partner (IU for us) a second time and playing two other teams (depending on their finish the last year) from the league a second time.
* With the very large leagues (the B1G specifically), it will be more and more difficult to have a 0.500 record to qualify for post season play - "If you didn't do it before you're not going to do it now."
* Will probably make one trip for two games out west when the league expands next year. It will be a lot tougher for them in that they have to make multiple trips to us.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilermb
My thoughts on what was most interesting in this press conference:

* Eva Hudson is "making progress" and better these last two matches. Sounds like she had an actual injury rather than just being "worn out" which was my initial understanding.
* The decision between Anderson and Poulter is still not decided. Like a football team having two good QBs.
* Working every day to not let teams take advantage of Chicoine's lack of stature - specifically to get backcourt people to "make more plays." Taking her out is not an option as she is too valuable.
* Dave feels we match up well to SMU.
* Chicoine has had "ups and downs" - especially the first weekend.
* He thinks next year's schedule will again be 20 league matches with playing each team in the league once, then your travel partner (IU for us) a second time and playing two other teams (depending on their finish the last year) from the league a second time.
* With the very large leagues (the B1G specifically), it will be more and more difficult to have a 0.500 record to qualify for post season play - "If you didn't do it before you're not going to do it now."
* Will probably make one trip for two games out west when the league expands next year. It will be a lot tougher for them in that they have to make multiple trips to us.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT