ADVERTISEMENT

USA Volleyball selections are in for the 2023 Women’s U21 NORCECA Pan American Cup.

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Eva Hudson and Chloe Chicoine are selected while (surprisingly to me) Colvin Raven is not in the 12 chosen but will go as an alternate. The only other B1G athlete chosen onto the 12 woman team is McKenna Wucherer of Minnesota.

Games start next Tuesday, May 23rd with USA playing Costa Rica.

Story here

Eva Hudson and Chloe Chicoine are selected while (surprisingly to me) Colvin Raven is not in the 12 chosen but will go as an alternate. The only other B1G athlete chosen onto the 12 woman team is McKenna Wucherer of Minnesota.

Story here

Last edited:

Story here
USA plays for the gold medal this evening at 11 PM ET. They went thru pool play undefeated and beat Cuba yesterday in the semifinals. They have yet to lose a set, winning each match 3-0 so far. Chicoine has been a starter. Hudson has been primarily a substitute but did start the Costa Rica match in pool play.

Last edited:
USA plays for the gold medal this evening at 11 PM ET. They went thru pool play undefeated and beat Cuba yesterday in the semifinals. They have yet to lose a set, winning each match 3-0 so far. Chicoine has been a starter. Hudson has been primarily a substitute but did start the Costa Rica match in pool play.
How amazing that Chicoine, as a 5'10" OH freshman, is doing this well. And I know she was on the team last year but still... I am so looking forward to this coming season.

How amazing that Chicoine, as a 5'10" OH freshman, is doing this well. And I know she was on the team last year but still... I am so looking forward to this coming season.

Apparently USA won last night and went home with the gold. I have yet to find the final score or the box score. It is frustrating that it is so hard to find such things. The USA Volleyball site has not been updated since Saturday.

But it does appears that, based on Facebook pictures, Chicoine was awarded "Best Spiker" award.

349559609_771783717935429_6981697350621618396_n.jpg

Hudson is front row 2nd from left and Chcoine is (I think) first on that row.
(Correction-Chicoine is first row in center - thanks Boilermb!)

349351868_1912660525779203_7119387951563841682_n.jpg

Chicoine getting her "Best Spiker" Award.

Last edited:
Apparently USA won last night and went home with the gold. I have yet to find the final score or the box score. It is frustrating that it is so hard to find such things. The USA Volleyball site has not been updated since Saturday.

But it does appears that, based on Facebook pictures, Chicoine was awarded "Best Spiker" award.

349559609_771783717935429_6981697350621618396_n.jpg

Hudson is front row 2nd from left and Chcoine is (I think) first on that row.

349351868_1912660525779203_7119387951563841682_n.jpg

Chicoine getting her "Best Spiker" Award.
Chicoine was also tournament MVP. The recap is now available on the USA Volleyball page on Facebook. Updates have tended to be slow. Chicoine is front row center in the team picture you posted. Here’s the link. https://usavolleyball.org/story/womens-u21-takes-pan-am-gold-with-win-over-mexico/

Last edited:
Chicoine was also tournament MVP. The recap is now available on the USA Volleyball page on Facebook. Updates have tended to be slow. Chicoine is front row center in the team picture you posted. Here’s the link. https://usavolleyball.org/story/womens-u21-takes-pan-am-gold-with-win-over-mexico/
Thanks for the correction and the link, Boilermb.

Chicoine's stats are just amazing - a match-high 5 blocks for a 5'10" OH along with 19 pts on 12 kills and two aces. All that in 3 sets.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT