ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV

When you get down to it, I don't find it that interesting. They have some decent recent history of being a great program along with being a big draw in a major city with no professional teams in Las Vegas. PLUS, you play in Las Vegas along with being a few hours drive to Los Angeles. Similar to that of Columbus with Ohio State...major city and it doesn't have to compete with any major league teams (outside of hockey and MLS, I believe).

Originally posted by BoilerDeac:
With Stephen Zimmerman committing, that is three 5-stars in the last two years. Pretty impressive.
Well I guess the coach went to school with his mom. It said he was not signing a Nat. Letter of Intent....why do so many decide not to do that?

Originally posted by JohnnyDoeBoiler:
When you get down to it, I don't find it that interesting. They have some decent recent history of being a great program along with being a big draw in a major city with no professional teams in Las Vegas. PLUS, you play in Las Vegas along with being a few hours drive to Los Angeles. Similar to that of Columbus with Ohio State...major city and it doesn't have to compete with any major league teams (outside of hockey and MLS, I believe).
I'm sure Columbus, OH is flattered by your comparison.

the first step towards success is.. never give yourself any excuse why you cannot get it done.

Originally posted by dingles87:

Originally posted by JohnnyDoeBoiler:
I'm sure Columbus, OH is flattered by your comparison.
Well, as off-the-wall as JohnnyDoe can be, this time he's correct. But it's not a comparison of Columbus to Las Vegas. It's a comparison of a lack of competition.

If you don't think college sports is competing with NBA and NFL for your entertainment dollar, you're not paying attention.

I've spent a lot of time in Columbus. OSU is it. 2 hours away is Cincy, 2 - 2 1/2 hours is the mistake by the lake. Face it .... OSU competes quite well.

Take Indy, remove the Pacers and Colts, put Purdue or IU on the near north side and that school would have every reason to become a dominant draw.

And they have only made the tourney once in the past 3 years (and lost in the first round) They may get some 5 star players but they seem to always be one and done players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT