ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh Buckeyes

While like everything in this country now being politicized I will avoid that nonsense.

The report today of professors being allowed to shower with the wrestlers was disgusting, but like lots of things going on these days at a number of schools, I am almost becoming numb to it

As an alum of a Big 10 university, this is depressing, disgusting and another massive black eye. It is time for Delany or the schools to be leaders on this garbage.

I'm afraid that we will find this issue going back through the schools these wrestlers attended as children, not just young men. What is the rationale to allow this for these athletes? One way is that they were told it is "ok" to let this type of thing happen since they started wrestling at 11 or 12.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/05/jim-jordan-accusers/

DhXo3SBV4AAq7Sr.jpg:large

all very "interesting" to me

The article mentions the timing as an argument which has already been disproven. Goes into criminal history of victims which is exactly what Paterno defenders did. Then completely ignores the fact that Disabito was the first one to bring up his account then the doctors behavior was confirmed by athletes from 14 different sports.

So you're claiming that a guy who was undoubtedly a victim used the fact that he was assaulted to attack Jordan because of his political position (which he was unaware of because he reported it prior) and then managed to get 3 other guys on the team along with its head coach to confirm it. Then Ohio State in a move that would undeniably hurt the university hired a firm to smear Jordan even though it would cost the university more money in a civil suit.

This is the stupid shit that runs through your mind because you're so desperate to defend a politician.

If you think that is more significant than athletes in 14 different sports coming forward, and 5 on the wrestling team then it's clear you weren't going to believe anything that flew in the face of your political beliefs.

What you're doing is the exact same thing as Joe Pa truthers.

Last edited:
Reactions: SantaBoiler
I no longer remember and live in Michigan - glad to have left Illinois, its crappy finances and corrupt politicians.

Granted, I like living in Michigan. But trying to say that Michigan doesn't have crappy finances and corrupt politicians is kind of silly. Michigan does have crappy finances and politicians... are almost always corrupt.

Not defending him but seems a little fishy when the chief accuser served 18 months for fraud in prison. There seems to be more to this story
According to one of my Congressman's staff, Rod Rosenstein warned the justice committee to not push too hard or they would regret it. Jim Jordan pushed. The supposition is that he has something up his sleeve on all of them.

24 years after the fact, the supposed perpetrator is dead and the accuser is a fraud. Room for a payoff?

Herman Cain is accused of fondling 5 women who happened to occupy an apartment building owned by Clinton fixer David Axlerod. After Cain drops out nothing is heard again.

Roy Moore gets accused. After election he files a defamation and libel lawsuit. Accusers and their lawyer never show.

Here we go, where the victims of sexual assault have their personal histories issues dug up. The "chief accuser" (whose story has been verified by multiple other athletes at OSU) was the first person to bring this up. The guy who went to prison for fraud, not that it shoudld even matter, was not the first person to bring this up. You could at least get the basic facts together before you put together reverse pizzagate. I want you to look back at how people defended Sandusky and Nassar. One of the first things that comes up is why did they wait so long? Sanduskys minion went after the criminal history of several of his victims as well.

There's been athletes from 14 different sports who have confirmed the stories of what the doctor did. This is on the scale of what happened with Larry Nassar.

I want you to think about how you reacted on this board to the things that happened at MSU. Were at a point where OSU is projecting victims in the hundreds if not thousands and your reaction is to protect your rooting interest.

I think it probably is a political hit piece, but that really doesn't matter to me. If he knew this was a problem and ignored it, he should take a fall. There's more than enough scumbag politicians to fill his position. It's like death and taxes...you can't get away from morally corrupt politicians.

Reactions: roadblock19
I do not like Ohio State. please stop digging up my posts and reporting me. I pointed out I was skeptical of this story and the timing of it. There are some coincidences here. Did I ever say Jim Jordan is completely innocent, no? Just don't always trust the media with this stuff.

iu

spo
What does this have to do with CNN? You posted a daily caller article as evidence which apparently is fine.

There's no doubt as to 4 wrestlers and the had coach confirming the story. It's not a single outlet. There's no doubt as to athletes from 14 different sports confirming the abuse, OSU confirmed that. This isn't a couple people making an accusation.

I didn't "dig up your posts and report you", I knew inevitably you would have a completely difference stance on Izzo. That was the most predictable thing possible that your belief in sexual assault victims would be a matter of convenience. Izzo was scum because of something that had far less evidence that this, and yet you were more than willing to come to a conclusion on him.

I think it probably is a political hit piece, but that really doesn't matter to me. If he knew this was a problem and ignored it, he should take a fall. There's more than enough scumbag politicians to fill his position. It's like death and taxes...you can't get away from morally corrupt politicians.
That's fine, coverage of someone who wasn't as prominent would definitely be less.

The idea that the initial report was due to his political position is just full on garbage though.\. Disabito was the first one to report what the physician had done to Ohio State. Most of the guys on the team seem to have supported him previously but I'd be furious if someone denied something like that when I was willing to come forward about it.

I do not like Ohio State. please stop digging up my posts and reporting me. I pointed out I was skeptical of this story and the timing of it. There are some coincidences here. Did I ever say Jim Jordan is completely innocent, no? Just don't always trust the media with this stuff.

iu

iu
You posted a statement that flat out questioned whether they were sexually abused in the first place. You didn't even get to the point of questioning Jordans awareness you just flat out thought they were lying about the assault to begin with. Clearly you didn't think Jordan was guilty if you thought they were lying about the assault. You followed that up by digging up an assault victims old tweets which is some self awareness considering your mad I searched your name and Izzo.

"so these NCAA D1 wrestlers let a guy molest them and they knew it was going to happen. hmm.... seems sketch "

"I just find this hard to believe D1 wrestlers would allow that to happen"

According to one of my Congressman's staff, Rod Rosenstein warned the justice committee to not push too hard or they would regret it. Jim Jordan pushed. The supposition is that he has something up his sleeve on all of them.

24 years after the fact, the supposed perpetrator is dead and the accuser is a fraud. Room for a payoff?

Herman Cain is accused of fondling 5 women who happened to occupy an apartment building owned by Clinton fixer David Axlerod. After Cain drops out nothing is heard again.

Roy Moore gets accused. After election he files a defamation and libel lawsuit. Accusers and their lawyer never show.

What you're claiming about Rosenstein doesn't even make sense in the timeline. All that has happened in this thread is you post a lie I disprove it then you post a new lie. You've done this three times.

I'd love a link on the no show. He won by default then? The case was filed in late April so how has this already happened. Him filing a suit is not evidence of anything, the barrier to filing a civil suit is nil. One of Moores victims also filed a civil suit.

You're claiming an organized conspiracy involving athletes from 14 different sports and OSU essentially against itself. It's a lie when you say "the accuser", you understand that right?. There are 19+ accusers at this point, not one. The first accuser was also not the one convicted of fraud. At least 18 and likely more athletes as well as an OSU coach have corrorobated his behavior.

Last edited:
What you're claiming about Rosenstein doesn't even make sense in the timeline. All that has happened in this thread is you post a lie I disprove it then you post a new lie. You've done this three times.

I'd love a link on the no show. He won by default then? The case was filed in late April so how has this already happened. Him filing a suit is not evidence of anything, the barrier to filing a civil suit is nil. One of Moores victims also filed a civil suit.

You're claiming an organized conspiracy involving athletes from 14 different sports and OSU essentially against itself. This is a cult.
Conspiracies do exist, so I'm not in the mode to automatically dismiss them out of hand. But conspiracies are VERY, VERY rare. There simply is not enough people with the guile, patience, villainy and willingness to not blab in public to run a successful conspiracy. The general rule is that for each additional person that is involved in an alleged conspiracy, the chances that it's an actual conspiracy drops precipitously. Basically, conspiracies are most successful when they involve few people. As Al Capone said "Three can keep a secret, if two are dead".

So if you are saying that a conspiracy exists that involves as many sports teams, staff and OSU administrators simply to damage 1 congressman, then it might be time to really reexamine your reality filter.

Reactions: DamienSandow
The idea that the initial report was due to his political position is just full on garbage though.\

Look. I don't give two shits about whether Jordan goes down. If he knew, then he needs to go and my suspicion is that he knew.

Mocking the idea that this initial claim couldn't have been driven by political forces is short-sighted and probably naive. Most political types, that I've known, would sell their own children to gain an advantage.

Reactions: BSIT
Look. I don't give two shits about whether Jordan goes down. If he knew, then he needs to go and my suspicion is that he knew.

Mocking the idea that this initial claim couldn't have been driven by political forces is short-sighted and probably naive. Most political types, that I've known, would sell their own children to gain an advantage.
I'm not sure what the first sentence is supposed to mean in regards to what I said.

The people making the accusation were Republicans. They made the accusation before Paul Ryan retired. The initial report made to OSU was entirely about the physician, it had nothing to do with Jordan until he denied knowledge months later.

Maybe I am being naive then, regardless I don't even think I commented on whether he should stay or go. What I think is awful in this thread, and the point I've harped on is that there are three people either flat out denying or trying to dispute pretty insurmountable evidence this doctor assaulted potentially 1000s of athletes. I shouldn't have tangented off that.

You don't say that victims of sexual abuse went on to do bad things later in life?

The Daily Caller is a rag.
Media-Bias-Chart_Version-3.1_Watermark-min-2.jpg

The only incorrect part of this chart is that the butt part of what looks like someone bending over should be the sites on the far right and left.

Anyone trying to suggest that Vox or the Daily Beast is more credible than the Washington Times needs to be pelted with tomatoes. I'm not defending the Washington Times, I'm just suggesting that there is overwhelming bias in the diagram. It's hilarious.

I'm not sure what the first sentence is supposed to mean in regards to what I said.

The people making the accusation were Republicans. They made the accusation before Paul Ryan retired. The initial report made to OSU was entirely about the physician, it had nothing to do with Jordan until he denied knowledge months later.

Maybe I am being naive then, regardless I don't even think I commented on whether he should stay or go. What I think is awful in this thread, and the point I've harped on is that there are three people either flat out denying or trying to dispute pretty insurmountable evidence this doctor assaulted potentially 1000s of athletes. I shouldn't have tangented off that.
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/09/wrestler-recants-jim-jordan/

Reactions: BSIT
You do realize more than 100 people have come forward they were abused by the doctor now right?

That former athletes have also now come forward with being pressured to recant by the same guy who admitted to what happened on tape? Now one of the wrestlers releases a statement through the PR firm Jordan hired?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...sked-us-to-recant-jim-jordan-allegations.html

Congrats on trying to come back to a thread and do a victory lap where you defended a pedophile though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
What pedo did I defend? I just said it seems like a Jim Jordan smear campaign. Did you miss my post on the MSU doctor in prison ?
Buddy your posts on the first page are still there. If you're going to go into a thread and post something as stupid as guys cant be sexually assaulted because they're college athletes it's best just to leave.

If you can come up with any reasonable explanation as to why the account of 20 victims across 13 sports wasn't reliable in your opinion but Jim Jordans PR firm releasing a recantment from a victim weeks after a report of victims being pressured is reliable then I'd be more than willing to continue listening.

As it stands though you're a guy whose willing to use stupid outdated logic against sexual assault victims. That's ****ed up, there's no way around it.

So I didn’t defend a Pedo? Thanks, guy.
So your argument is that the Dr isn't a pedo because of the age of the victims or am I missing something?

This is it. You're defending yourself with semantics because I didn't defend the blatant serial sexual abuser isn't an option.

I never once defended this guy. I was skeptical of the Jim Jordan accusations (with good reason). I would say you are missing quite a bit.
That's an outright lie.

You tried casting doubt on the abuse itself with the logic that male college athletes wouldn't allow themselves to be abused. Which is some straight garbage.

And to you that means I defend pedos? Interesting. I will never question another media story again. Thank you for setting me straight
Yes, using a gross argument to defend a pedophile is in fact defending a pedophile.

Posting trash like this...

so these NCAA D1 wrestlers let a guy molest them and they knew it was going to happen. hmm.... seems sketch

I mean these are grown men, not women or children

Means you don't understand the first thing about what you're talking about. It means you're doing what you can to discredit victims because you're afraid it might impact a politician. The idea that everyone in that department didn't have some inkling of what was happening is an opinion, albeit a stupid one. Your post though is straight up shitty values.

It wasn't a media story. OSU had made a statement that 20 athletes had come out. It had been confirmed by multiple sources.

You're clearly incapable of taking accountability for the things you've written in this thread because you're still denying something you said on the first page, and even more terrifying is the fact that you don't seem to see why what you said is awful and why it contributes to men refusing to come forward about sexual abuse. This isn't about opinions, and I could care less about your politics. You said something stupid and shitty. At some point you need to evaluate why you did that but I clearly can't force you to be accountable for the things you do.

I'm going to mute you now because there's clearly no reasoning with someone who would make those statements but I'll leave you with the terry crews discussion about things like this. I hope next time you decide to question why abuse victims didn't do anything that this gives you context for the multitude of other reasons people suffer and stay silent.

https://www.indy100.com/article/terry-crews-sexual-assault-senate-speech-us-me-too-movement-8420906

Reactions: miksta
Yes, using a gross argument to defend a pedophile is in fact defending a pedophile.

Posting trash like this...

Means you don't understand the first thing about what you're talking about. It means you're doing what you can to discredit victims because you're afraid it might impact a politician. The idea that everyone in that department didn't have some inkling of what was happening is an opinion, albeit a stupid one. Your post though is straight up shitty values.

It wasn't a media story. OSU had made a statement that 20 athletes had come out. It had been confirmed by multiple sources.

You're clearly incapable of taking accountability for the things you've written in this thread because you're still denying something you said on the first page, and even more terrifying is the fact that you don't seem to see why what you said is awful and why it contributes to men refusing to come forward about sexual abuse. This isn't about opinions, and I could care less about your politics. You said something stupid and shitty. At some point you need to evaluate why you did that but I clearly can't force you to be accountable for the things you do.

I'm going to mute you now because there's clearly no reasoning with someone who would make those statements but I'll leave you with the terry crews discussion about things like this. I hope next time you decide to question why abuse victims didn't do anything that this gives you context for the multitude of other reasons people suffer and stay silent.

https://www.indy100.com/article/terry-crews-sexual-assault-senate-speech-us-me-too-movement-8420906

He's more or less admitted on this board to being a troll who gets off on triggering libs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT