ADVERTISEMENT

Tyger Announcement

LonestarBoilerFan

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2017
I can't find a time for the announcement on the web. Has anyone heard what time his announcement will take place?

Here's what I see. The crystal ball guys had Purdue at 80 % since October. Now, either the cat got out of the bag and Tyger leaked his decision, or these guys are just trying to read the tea leaves . I would say 25 % for Purdue. Not much more.

Here's what I see. The crystal ball guys had Purdue at 80 % since October. Now, either the cat got out of the bag and Tyger leaked his decision, or these guys are just trying to read the tea leaves . I would say 25 % for Purdue. Not much more.
If someone really cared about career life after B-Ball, it would be Purdue or UCLA. Just my $.02 based on acceptance rates and alumni base taking care of one another.

Reactions: samcboiler
I don't know, maybe there is something else going on there. I know one of his former coaches is on DePaul staff and someone mentioned in another thread that he was his godfather or something . Maybe he wants to be the kid that saves the DePaul program. I heard that the head coach's head was on the chopping block. You never know.

He just needs to recruit a couple big names to DePaul to be competitive in the Big East but it will still be the middle of the pack at best with Nova, Xavier, Butler, and Marquette in the mix.

IMO a DePaul decision confirms my suspicion. He is looking for a situation where the offense runs through him, which would not be a good fit with our returning guards. I suspect the staff was honest with him that he would be expected to play within the system and earn his minutes, and he heard what he wanted to hear from DePaul.

Reactions: Roeder
After reading the above article there is little doubt in my mind; all signs pointing to DePaul. Makes you wonder why he opened his recruitment back up in the first place. I am not going to lose any sleep over this one. The added depth at PG would have been nice, but we will be fine without him.

After reading the above article there is little doubt in my mind; all signs pointing to DePaul. Makes you wonder why he opened his recruitment back up in the first place. I am not going to lose any sleep over this one. The added depth at PG would have been nice, but we will be fine without him.
Opened his recruitment to drive up the market price. I don't believe we're getting him and the way this has played out while he might have added a nice piece I won't be upset if he goes elsewhere. Seems like a guy who believes his sauce is extra special.

IMO a DePaul decision confirms my suspicion. He is looking for a situation where the offense runs through him, which would not be a good fit with our returning guards. I suspect the staff was honest with him that he would be expected to play within the system and earn his minutes, and he heard what he wanted to hear from DePaul.
I had never leaned to a must get or him being a huge difference maker. I have always wondered the fit and then knew Matt knew about him much better than my guesses or reading the tea leaves and if Matt wanted him...I was fine. I think I was much more excited to see Hunter commit, but perhaps that was ignorance of not seeing enough of Tyger?

Reactions: FirstDownB
so we get his arms and legs and somebody else gets his head? ;)
I'm starting a trend .... a poster who is wrong about something loses a body part ... normally their right hand ... or tongue.

Losing their mind does NOT count.

I had never leaned to a must get or him being a huge difference maker. I have always wondered the fit and then knew Matt knew about him much better than my guesses or reading the tea leaves and if Matt wanted him...I was fine. I think I was much more excited to see Hunter commit, but perhaps that was ignorance of not seeing enough of Tyger?
Must get = Top 10 guy, instant impact, transcendent talent whose ego complements his game

Must get = Top 100 guy who fits into your team, buys into your philosophy, and constantly works to improve

Not Must get = Top 100 guy who thinks he's a Top 10 guy

Do Day Day said we have an 80% chance to get him. I'm going with that.

Yeah his mouth and neck are on the line for that.....bon chance

"Viva la quatrième lettre de l'alphabet en trois! le tripler d!"

feature-d-vintage-guillotine-118415991.jpg

Perhaps, but all those factors were in play before he decommitted.

I find it disturbing and classless when some on here put up negative comments about a recruit because they decided not to come to Purdue. These are teenagers who are evaluating what will be the best fit for them, not for our team and not for us as a fan base. If Tyger decides the best thing for him is DePaul due to playing time or to show off his offensive skill set, then I wish no ill will on the young man. They aren’t choosing a school to make a fan base happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT