ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Parade

You do realize your link was correcting yet another fake news story about Trump that also mentions the event I referenced, right? ROFL.
lol. You've just got salvage something out of this.

There was no fake news about Trump visiting American cemeteries in France. He didn't go to the more important first day because of the rain. He did go the second day....in the rain. The link you posted was about a freakin picture......and whether is was photo shopped.........by the social media, not by the news.

"The ceremony in Suresnes certainly drew less attention on social media than Trump’s absence at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery the previous day did, but it isn’t accurate to say that his visit to the Suresnes Cemetery was “little reported” (as Trump said in a tweet). In addition to the aforementioned NBC News report, Trump’s speech was also covered by outlets such as CNN, USA Today, CBS News and Time magazine."

Makes no difference. You referenced the wrong story, which was not fake news, from the beginning and scrambled to cover it up.

You're proud of the military and want to show your appreciation? How about let them have the ****ing day off to spend with their families instead of supporting a colossal waste of taxpayer money that precisely one person wants to put on?

This right here. And it just does not apply to this specific parade but all events that military personnel show up to on Holidays. This is/was a day off for all of them. They are now working. There are a handful of demonstration type units that this is their actual job in the military, but those are few and far between. The Indy 500 had/has to be the worst detail ever.

Occasionally it can be cool to go to a ball game or race, especially if one was working that day or weekend anyway. That does not happen much though.

So you only think 1 person wants to do this. The colossal waste is the congressmen who draw a paycheck. So you think the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds do not enjoy performing? Ask the pilots if they do not enjoy performing for the people. They are proud of what they do.

Sure they are. But the Thunderbird/Blue Angels/Color Guards/ Jump teams, that is their actual job. To go perform at many of these events, especially on holidays or bigger events.

Trust me, when there are soldiers in mass formations, their unit identified, their recent history explained via commentator, those are troops/marines/Sailors that are working at a place many have no interest in being at on a day/weekend off. They are often seen on Memorial Day and Independence Day so they are in full uniform in very hot weather. In short, it sucks. I would try to give comp time or a four day weekend(days off without taking leave) for soldiers who volunteered for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fansince72
lol. You've just got salvage something out of this.

There was no fake news about Trump visiting American cemeteries in France. He didn't go to the more important first day because of the rain. He did go the second day....in the rain. The link you posted was about a freakin picture......and whether is was photo shopped.........by the social media, not by the news.

"The ceremony in Suresnes certainly drew less attention on social media than Trump’s absence at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery the previous day did, but it isn’t accurate to say that his visit to the Suresnes Cemetery was “little reported” (as Trump said in a tweet). In addition to the aforementioned NBC News report, Trump’s speech was also covered by outlets such as CNN, USA Today, CBS News and Time magazine."

Makes no difference. You referenced the wrong story, which was not fake news, from the beginning and scrambled to cover it up.
yes, it was fake news. that's what your link is reporting. that the msms claimed it was 56 years running or whatever nonsense and he was breaking some massive historical protocol. lol you don't even know what you posted...

yes, it was fake news. that's what your link is reporting. that the msms claimed it was 56 years running or whatever nonsense and he was breaking some massive historical protocol. lol you don't even know what you posted...
FFS you just moved the goalpost yet again. YOU said the fake news was the reporting on the speeches in France. Now the fake news is my link that was about the original point........that Trump didn't go to Arlington on a rainy veterans day. You've come full circle and bit yourself in the ass.

I don't think it's because you're not intelligent. You just made a mistake and couldn't just admit it.....so you kept digging the hole. Any laughing should be directed at yourself.

FFS you just moved the goalpost yet again. YOU said the fake news was the reporting on the speeches in France. Now the fake news is my link that was about the original point........that Trump didn't go to Arlington on a rainy veterans day. You've come full circle and bit yourself in the ass.

I don't think it's because you're not intelligent. You just made a mistake and couldn't just admit it.....so you kept digging the hole. Any laughing should be directed at yourself.
Ok? So I can't keep track of all the fake news. Bottom line is the only reason you even know is due to the fake news story.

The Blues were not flying today. $250k is for the demonstration itself: five jets about an hour. Additional costs for transportibg the unit to the show area.

Pilots have flight hours to maintain, and flyovers are used to maintain proficiency - they add nothing to operating budgets.

And we budget for air shows out of both O&M and recruiting/PA budgets on an annual basis.

Trumps parade is an additional expenditure that wasn’t planned for. Helps if you know WTF you’re talking about.

Sorry for the delayed response but you didn’t answer any of my questions and I used your numbers. So the Blue Angels weren’t going to be flying on the 4th until Trump requested his Parade. I find that unlikely.
Who pays for a game day fly over?
I guess I’ll take your word that a precise show by the Blue Angels requires little to no practice?
And if I understand you correctly, game day fly overs and shows by the Blue Angels don’t go toward a pilots required flying time.

Sorry for the delayed response but you didn’t answer any of my questions and I used your numbers. So the Blue Angels weren’t going to be flying on the 4th until Trump requested his Parade. I find that unlikely.
Who pays for a game day fly over?
I guess I’ll take your word that a precise show by the Blue Angels requires little to no practice?
And if I understand you correctly, game day fly overs and shows by the Blue Angels don’t go toward a pilots required flying time.
I answered all of your questions. You didn’t read and then just dismissed it. I’m done with this discussion either way.

I answered all of your questions. You didn’t read and then just dismissed it. I’m done with this discussion either way.

So who pays for the game day fly over. If I’m reading your response correctly, the tax payer.
Who pays for the over 100 Blue Angel performances every year? Again the tax payer.

Reactions: ecouch
Wow! This post is still getting this much activity? Let it go people! Surely there is some new stuf to crybaby about since July 4th. How about Ice using facial recognition to track down illegals? OMG the sky is falling. People on this board need to get a life.

Wow! This post is still getting this much activity? Let it go people! Surely there is some new stuf to crybaby about since July 4th. How about Ice using facial recognition to track down illegals? OMG the sky is falling. People on this board need to get a life.
Get a life ?? Maybe you've got a point. But why would you, me, or ANYBODY here be an exception ??

Someone who needs to get a life makes a post to tell others to get a life. Irony died tonight and Bruce killed it.

Reactions: doubleyous
Everyone liked the parade and everyone knows it is an insignificant cost.

Twitter isn't real life.

This was a win for Americans and a loss for the anti-American AOC style Democrats and the vocal military minority on this board.

Last edited:

Twitter isn't real life.

This was a win for Americans and a loss for the anti-American AOC style Democrats and the vocal military minority on this board.

Yes, the dozens of MAGAturds who attended it loved it I’m sure. They probably thought it was a nice change from the usual kkk Trump rallies they’re used to attending.

What part of “I’m done with this discussion” did you miss?

I guess you weren’t done! Maybe it’s because you don’t have a good answer to the challenge of your statement that the Parade is costing the tax payer additional millions.
Btw I thought the parade and speech were very patriotic.
Ok I’m done with this discussion! Thanks for entertaining me.

Twitter isn't real life.

I didn’t like the parade. I didn’t like that money was taken from our underfunded National Parks. Therefore, “everyone liked the parade and everyone knows it is an insignificant cost” is a false statement. Logic 101

Reactions: indy35
Among the interesting portions of the story was this
It was never repaid more than $7 million of the $27.3 million in costs the city incurred during the 2017 inauguration, city officials said.

The Fourth of July event cost DC $1.7 million from the same fund, which is used for national security in the District of Columbia, including terrorist threats.

The cost not reimbursed for the inauguration and this added expense has put the fund in a $6 million deficit.

Reactions: 70boiler
Yes, the dozens of MAGAturds who attended it loved it I’m sure. They probably thought it was a nice change from the usual kkk Trump rallies they’re used to attending.
More KKK fantasies from you!! You are one sick puppy aren’t you???? Biden has a picture with a leader of the KKK. Care to address that????

More KKK fantasies from you!! You are one sick puppy aren’t you???? Biden has a picture with a leader of the KKK. Care to address that????
Well, I'll give Byrd one thing. He was smart enough to know what was going on in the math textbooks years ago...calling it rainforest algebra. Ah, my memory is still partially there. It was Mariane Jennings who dubbed it "Rainforest Math". I believe Marianne is still part of John E Stone's group. It is a short read, but a worthy one. I'll add that roughly a decade before we had the NCTM (National Council Teachers Mathematics) promoting unlimited calculator use in the young grades...as well as "Discovery learning". In the next small article you will find mention of "Mathematically Correct" which was a politically liberal group that was very conservative in teaching math...because they were made up of people that actually used math. It was the meeting between Mathematically Correct and the NCTM that Lynn Cheney held for two years that I was invited to attend representing parents as an offer by John E. Stone- East Tennessee State, but was after 911 and couldn't swing it...

A Failure to Produce Better Students

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT