ADVERTISEMENT

Todd McShay's Pro mock draft has....

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
Randy Gregory going 4th to the Raiders, still wish he would have stayed here.
This post was edited on 12/19 12:12 AM by PaBoiler78

I really think we would have been bowl eligible with Gregory. Our pass rush was totally nonexistent during the conference season outside of the Illinois game. An elite pass rusher would have been a God-send to the defense this year. We can only pray that Robinson puts on 200 lbs to his bench press and 300 lbs to his squat during winter training and thus is able to use speed and strength to become a dominate pass rusher in the defense. Right now there is just no advantage on the D-line in pass rush or run stop.

Originally posted by BoilerNGold013:
I really think we would have been bowl eligible with Gregory. Our pass rush was totally nonexistent during the conference season outside of the Illinois game. An elite pass rusher would have been a God-send to the defense this year. We can only pray that Robinson puts on 200 lbs to his bench press and 300 lbs to his squat during winter training and thus is able to use speed and strength to become a dominate pass rusher in the defense. Right now there is just no advantage on the D-line in pass rush or run stop.
I don't...

The offense was pretty bad for long stretches of the season. A pass rush would have helped immensely, but so would putting up points.

That said, I do think that the DL has the most room to improve.

On Gregory though, if you remember....He decommitted way before Hope got fired. Anything else written about that is revisionist history.

Originally posted by pboiler18:
I don't...

The offense was pretty bad for long stretches of the season. A pass rush would have helped immensely, but so would putting up points.

On Gregory though, if you remember....He decommitted way before Hope got fired. Anything else written about that is revisionist history.
He decommitted when word got out that Purdue was collecting buyout money. Perhaps the timing was mere coincidence.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by mk_peters:
Originally posted by pboiler18:
I don't...

He decommitted when word got out that Purdue was collecting buyout money. Perhaps the timing was mere coincidence.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
HAHAHA...

When word got out?

You mean when he watched us go down to Minnesota 34-0 in the 2nd quarter? Yeah, that was it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT