ADVERTISEMENT

This what Boilermakers fans get for trashing Painter

Literally the best coach in the game and you guys trash him for every loss.

The talent on this roster isn’t that good. The reason they are winning all these games is Painters acumen.
Billy you are spot on. Let me lay it out to you so you understand. Purdue has the WORST FANS in College Basketball OK? It's that simple.. It's a miserable fan base and quite frankly if Painter left Purdue the Athletic department will not spend the NIL Money to attract talent or money to attract a big name coach. Tonite was a disappointing loss but give Northwestern credit. They played great after 1st half and shot lights out. Purdue loses in OT in that environment and the whole fan base collapses trashing Painter etc... Just ignore the fans and enjoy the games.

The talent on this roster isn’t that good. The reason they are winning all these games is Painters acumen.
I don’t agree that the talent on the roster isn’t very good.

It’s the 8th game of the year and doesn’t mean much. We played too much like last year —turned it over a ton (17) and shot bad from 3 (26%). Lance fouling out made it very difficult to guard Buie as we had no one that could remotely keep up with him.

I want to see how we respond to this loss.

Billy you are spot on. Let me lay it out to you so you understand. Purdue has the WORST FANS in College Basketball OK? It's that simple.. It's a miserable fan base and quite frankly if Painter left Purdue the Athletic department will not spend the NIL Money to attract talent or money to attract a big name coach. Tonite was a disappointing loss but give Northwestern credit. They played great after 1st half and shot lights out. Purdue loses in OT in that environment and the whole fan base collapses trashing Painter etc... Just ignore the fans and enjoy the games.
I wouldn't say Purdue has the "worst fans" but certainly typical fans, to be sure.

A lot of it is the frustration of 40 years without a Final Four comes bubbling up after disappointing losses. We are a basketball school and Purdue has a lot of "basketball school" things checked off, but just can't get the big one, the only one that matters anymore. I think it eats at all of us a bit and some people have to vent. Hopefully Painter and the players just don't read any of the message board content. :D

• Haha
Reactions: bonefish1

What a backhanded way to trash the players just so you can pump up Painter.

The talent on the roster is plenty good. Edey is NBA talented, he's just unfortunately playing in an era that doesn't employ back to the basket centers right now. The reality is that the severe advantage he gives is a large part of why we win a lot of games. But there's plenty of talent talent around him as well. There are also weaknesses that keep being exploited unfortunately.

This team is loaded with talent cam heide should be starting myles Colvin needs more minutes berg needs to play and the guy who can help this team out a lot Brian Waddell

Reactions: Middawg

The talent on the roster is plenty good. Edey is NBA talented, he's just unfortunately playing in an era that doesn't employ back to the basket centers right now. The reality is that the severe advantage he gives is a large part of why we win a lot of games. But there's plenty of talent talent around him as well. There are also weaknesses that keep being exploited unfortunately.
The team is talented because Painter developed these guys. Edey was kind of a stiff before Painter taught him the game.

Reactions: rmndcat

what a backhanded way to trash Painter just so you can blame Painter

fanbase is not the worst !!! it's not different than nd's when they had Kelley or psu's w/ Franklin, GA's when they had Richt, Neb's when they had Solich

There are always going to be nights when things are really…bad. Do you want them now or in March? On the road in double overtime against a better than average team…come on guys!

As was already posted…how do we react to the loss versus Iowa who can be a pain if they are going in?

As for fans…it’s the hangover effect from the Knight years? What was it, over 45 years ago he went undefeated? There is a reason it hasn’t happened since…just too hard with the rules as they are today and the payolatransfer game!.

I don’t think the justices of the SC contemplated Princeton gradstudents or Southern Illinois kids in it’s recent rulings? That’s at least 10 years of a full rides taking 2 years away from a kid who could use at least 2 years who may get lost in the shuffle?

College isn’t meant to be used to underwrite professional athletic.

The team is talented because Painter developed these guys. Edey was kind of a stiff before Painter taught him the game.
No, the kids were talented AND Painter developed them. Painter gets credit for where they do well AND he gets blame for where they don't. Good grief this isn't complicated.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I don't think anyone wants an undefeated season just coaching that gives a chance at the final four. Really nothing more nothing less

So many responses to this, my head hurts.

I'll go with: you do know who decides what 'talent' is on the team, right?

Painter's acumen? THE reason? 😂

If you want to know the iu guys just look @ the CMP bashers or Purdue fan bashers here. Most, not all, are frustrated iu fans. Given the massive fall of iu over the last 20+ years, they need something to do, and I am glad the site is here to placate their real frustrations with their own team.

Please stop with the “whole fan base” nonsense. It is just a very few self entitled jerk fans that do not understand the game they are watching and feel that their self worth is tied to college sports. Let’s just call it what it is. These guys on the court are not Marvel superhero’s that win every fight. It doesn’t work that way but some folks are just that shallow.

He’s not gonna develop if he doesn’t get minutes. Purdue will have another early exit if nothing changes.
His minutes hopefully will increase as the season goes on, if he improves and earns. To say he should start now over Loyer is not even a question. Loyer while limited on defense , has been playing well this year and gives us a much better team on the floor than Heide.

guessing you might really believe that
Explain it then how I trashed Painter. Lol if anything I gave him credit for recruiting talent. People like you lose your mind if people don't treat Painter as the greatest coach ever with no flaws, and you find criticism in everything.

Explain it then how I trashed Painter. Lol if anything I gave him credit for recruiting talent. People like you lose your mind if people don't treat Painter as the greatest coach ever with no flaws, and you find criticism in everything.
Don’t even try to rationalize with them. You never trashed Painter. For whatever reason you are basically guilty of treason on here if you dare question anything Painter does or doesn’t do (which is typically the issue)

Did you have a straight face when you wrote this?
I mean, it wasn’t completely painter but he’s had a big part in it. Brantley who is the one developing all these bigs to becoming pretty good. Painter also has had an eye to get players who others didn’t want/think were good…like Smith, Edwards, , Colvin, Ivey, Tre, Edey…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT