ADVERTISEMENT

The Ohio State NIL P

destewart

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Heard a very interesting analysis on what Ohio State is doing and what their probable plan for the future. It was in Sirius radio and the speaker was a Columbus area journalist. He said OSU is frustrated like everyine else with what is happened. They are trying to sustain their program while hoping a structure will be established with rules and guidelines in the next 2-3 years. They have two collectives and both consist of leaders in Columbus businesses and former Buckeyes players. They are taking donations to reach Coach Day’s goals of $13 million annually to fund the NIL program. They believe the expected new Big Ten Media Package offers a solution. They think that media money will enable them to maintain their athletic department budget and allow them to replace all current donated money in the budget used for operations and having people who currently donate to the university donate to the collectives. I proposed this several weeks back as a possible solution for the existing JPC money. Instead of donating internally, fans would donate externally to the collectives. Personally I think this is a good plan and would enable Purdue to wean itself off dependence on donations and provide competitive NIL funding. I would switch my giving to the collectives and think it is a better method of supporting the two programs that are the bell cows of Purdue athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News