ADVERTISEMENT

The Darwin Thread

He was an anti-mask and -vaxxer. He made his decisions and this was the consequence. He doesn’t deserve any sympathy.
Obviously he didn't expect death to be the consequence, which was a mistake in his case.

Do you really feel no sympathy for a fellow human who makes a mistake and dies from it, and no doubt regretted his mistake before he died?

If so, it suggests you may be somewhere on the spectrum of psychopathy, and should get some help.

Obviously he didn't expect death to be the consequence, which was a mistake in his case.

Do you really feel no sympathy for a fellow human who makes a mistake and dies from it, and no doubt regretted his mistake before he died?

If so, it suggests you may be somewhere on the spectrum of psychopathy, and should get some help.
None at all. Why would I? He was a fool who put others in danger.

Way to show your racist, transphobic true colors.
You have obviously shown us your true colors, when you start a post with racist transphobic xphobic zphobic BS . Your true colors show you to be just what rivet said likely a sociopath. Did school start for you this week ?

Way to show your racist, transphobic true colors.
Right on cue. When you have no better argument, pull out the good old race card. It never fails. You guys know that sensible people don’t take you seriously, don’t you?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DG Boiler
A lot of these vocal anti vaccine radio and TV people and politicians are endangering others with their ill informed opinions. Not sure they really should get a lot of sympathy. Condolences to their families? Sure. Sympathy for their personal deaths? That’s asking a lot. I can’t bring myself to say, “Oh, that’s just too bad” for people like this, not really sorry about it either. Reap what you sow.

I love the clown show in here acting like they express sympathy for illegals that die trying to cross the border for a better life, or hell, George Floyd. Let’s be real here, boys. You don’t give a shit about lives unless it’s politically convenient to pretend you care either. Stop the bullshit.

A lot of these vocal anti vaccine radio and TV people and politicians are endangering others with their ill informed opinions. Not sure they really should get a lot of sympathy. Condolences to their families? Sure. Sympathy for their personal deaths? That’s asking a lot. I can’t bring myself to say, “Oh, that’s just too bad” for people like this, not really sorry about it either. Reap what you sow.

I love the clown show in here acting like they express sympathy for illegals that die trying to cross the border for a better life, or hell, George Floyd. Let’s be real here, boys. You don’t give a shit about lives unless it’s politically convenient to pretend you care either. Stop the bullshit.
The voice of reason weighing in!!!:oops:. Why are liberals such miserable nasty people?

Reactions: ecouch
The voice of reason weighing in!!!:oops:. Why are liberals such miserable nasty people?
What he fails to mention is that there are a lot of highly respected virologists and biologist who are advising people to pump the brakes on universal vaccinations. It could actually be doing more harm than good. But of course people who are cautious and question things are labeled as “anti vaxxers” or accused of not caring about others. It’s ridiculous and ignorant. Just shut up and do what the govt tells you! That’s worked out so well for people throughout history……..

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
What he fails to mention is that there are a lot of highly respected virologists and biologist who are advising people to pump the brakes on universal vaccinations. It could actually be doing more harm than good. But of course people who are cautious and question things are labeled as “anti vaxxers” or accused of not caring about others. It’s ridiculous and ignorant. Just shit up and do what the govt tells you! That’s worked out so well for people throughout history……..
As if these clowns are basing their opinions about vaccination on anything like that.

What he fails to mention is that there are a lot of highly respected virologists and biologist who are advising people to pump the brakes on universal vaccinations. It could actually be doing more harm than good. But of course people who are cautious and question things are labeled as “anti vaxxers” or accused of not caring about others. It’s ridiculous and ignorant. Just shit up and do what the govt tells you! That’s worked out so well for people throughout history……..
Can you link to this? I haven't seen that but would be interested to see their reasoning.

Reactions: delarno
I am sympathetic for people who die trying to cross the border. You have no basis for saying otherwise - not that you require any basis or logic for your posts.

How is anything on this board "politically convenient", by the way? Is someone on the board a politician, because I am not. This is just a forum, not an election. Are you saying the dumb things you say because it is 'politically convenient'? I assumed it is just because you are ignorant - although I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you may be impacted by the drugs you are on in treatment for literally laughing your ass off, as you said.

Last edited:
Can you link to this? I haven't seen that but would be interested to see their reasoning.
Here are just a few I’ve looked at and listened to but there’s more out there, you just have to dig a little. You won’t see any of this on the MSM. Dr Robert Malone is a good listen and is arguably one of, if not the top expert in the country about this topic. He’s not anti vaccine and has had it himself, he just cautions against universal vaccinations due to this vaccine being a “leaky” vaccine, which doesn’t kill the virus and forces the virus to mutate into a potentially more lethal virus. There is also a peer reviewed journal attached from 2015 that discusses that very topic but about leaky vaccines in general, not specifically the covid vaccine.

As if these clowns are basing their opinions about vaccination on anything like that.
Unfortunately there are probably a lot of both anti vaxxers and pro vaxxers out there who have done little to no research before making their decision. It’s complicated shit and there is so much contradictory information out there it’s hard to navigate. But to make the decision not to just because you don’t want to is foolish, but so is taking it just because the govt tells you to.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
Here are just a few I’ve looked at and listened to but there’s more out there, you just have to dig a little. You won’t see any of this on the MSM. Dr Robert Malone is a good listen and is arguably one of, if not the top expert in the country about this topic. He’s not anti vaccine and has had it himself, he just cautions against universal vaccinations due to this vaccine being a “leaky” vaccine, which doesn’t kill the virus and forces the virus to mutate into a potentially more lethal virus. There is also a peer reviewed journal attached from 2015 that discusses that very topic but about leaky vaccines in general, not specifically the covid vaccine.

So an argument based on VAERS (from an article that uses the phrase "Wuhan coronavirus vaccine," no bias evident there...) --which we know, doesn't tell us much on its own -- from two doctors who don't deal with infections diseases or vaccines. Cool...

I'll give you the study that vaccines that don't prevent infection could extend the infections periods of some, potentially more dangerous, strains. But, even that study says that when this happens, it "can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts." This is not a reason to avoid universal vaccination, but rather to vaccinate as many people as possible as fast as possible, or to develop a vaccine that works differently. They also say "This does not mean that such technologies should be avoided, particularly when alternative options are limited."

EDIT: Also, it should be noted that the Covid vaccines are not particularly leaky, since they are 95%-ish effective at preventing infection. Yes, you can pass it if you get a breakthrough case, but getting infected is statistically not very common. The Covid vaccines work, primarily, by preventing infection. They also, as the linked study suggests "keep hosts alive but still allow transmission," but only in the small number of breakthrough cases.

Last edited:
but so is taking it just because the govt tells you to.
I took it because multiple doctors, including my own, told me to. Smart people don’t “do their own research” via Google. Smart people know when to (and when not to) trust other smart people who know more about something than they do.

I’m sorry, but a lot of people who aren’t vaccinated are out there making decisions based on false “information” (e.g. “the vaccines mess with your DNA” which I’ve read from multiple people). Some are. Many are not.

I took it because multiple doctors, including my own, told me to. Smart people don’t “do their own research” via Google. Smart people know when to (and when not to) trust other smart people who know more about something than they do.

I’m sorry, but a lot of people who aren’t vaccinated are out there making decisions based on false “information” (e.g. “the vaccines mess with your DNA” which I’ve read from multiple people). Some are. Many are not.
My doctor didn’t tell me not to but told me that there are a lot of differing opinions out there in the medical field. And you do realize that medical journals and legitimate research is available online, don’t you?

My doctor didn’t tell me not to but told me that there are a lot of differing opinions out there in the medical field. And you do realize that medical journals and legitimate research is available online, don’t you?
Yes, I read quite a bit on mRNA, but ultimately trusted my doctor and my friends who are doctors. My point is that it’s a mistake to assume most or many just did this because the government told them to, just as it’s a mistake to assume anyone who isn’t vaccinated is a Trumptard uneducated moron listening to the Alabama equivalent of Rush Limbaugh.

Yes, I read quite a bit on mRNA, but ultimately trusted my doctor and my friends who are doctors. My point is that it’s a mistake to assume most or many just did this because the government told them to, just as it’s a mistake to assume anyone who isn’t vaccinated is a Trumptard uneducated moron listening to the Alabama equivalent of Rush Limbaugh.

It is also obvious you are making it highly political and also a hardcore lefty.

So an argument based on VAERS (from an article that uses the phrase "Wuhan coronavirus vaccine," no bias evident there...) --which we know, doesn't tell us much on its own -- from two doctors who don't deal with infections diseases or vaccines. Cool...

I'll give you the study that vaccines that don't prevent infection could extend the infections periods of some, potentially more dangerous, strains. But, even that study says that when this happens, it "can create conditions that promote the emergence of pathogen strains that cause more severe disease in unvaccinated hosts." This is not a reason to avoid universal vaccination, but rather to vaccinate as many people as possible as fast as possible, or to develop a vaccine that works differently. They also say "This does not mean that such technologies should be avoided, particularly when alternative options are limited."

EDIT: Also, it should be noted that the Covid vaccines are not particularly leaky, since they are 95%-ish effective at preventing infection. Yes, you can pass it if you get a breakthrough case, but getting infected is statistically not very common. The Covid vaccines work, primarily, by preventing infection. They also, as the linked study suggests "keep hosts alive but still allow transmission," but only in the small number of breakthrough cases.
I think “leaky” refers to the fact the vaccine doesn’t kill the virus, only suppresses the symptoms. But I could be wrong

I think “leaky” refers to the fact the vaccine doesn’t kill the virus, only suppresses the symptoms. But I could be wrong

A vaccine never kills a virus.....

A vaccine tricks your immune system to create antibodies as it fights the "dead virus" in the vaccine. Then the immune system goes dormant for that virus.

If/when you are later exposed to the live virus your immune system already has the blueprint on how to create the proper antibodies to fight it and is able to attack and kill the virus before it can multiply to an uncontrolled level.

If a vaccine killed a virus then it would be a cure and any sick/infected person could just be given the vaccine after infection.

As BleedinGold said, no vaccine kills the virus. As I understand the description of a leaky virus in that study, it’s one that is designed to, as you said, suppress symptoms or to reduce the severity of infection in order to protect the infected. The Covid vaccines don’t work that way. They are designed to prevent infection, and are about 95% effective in doing so. They also happen to reduce severity if one gets infected anyway, but that is not their primary function. The fact that you can spread the virus if you happen to get a breakthrough case (which is relatively uncommon), doesn’t make it a leaky vaccine. It just demonstrates that the vaccine isn’t perfect, just like every vaccine ever created. For reference, the smallpox vaccine was also about 95% effective at preventing infection and smallpox has been eradicated.

This is such a basic take it made me laugh out loud.

You aren't interested in a solution, you want to punish and degrade the out-group as much as anyone else.

Right on cue. When you have no better argument, pull out the good old race card. It never fails. You guys know that sensible people don’t take you seriously, don’t you?
If the shoe fits ... And your definition of sensible is my definition of completely insane whackjob. So you can understand my confusion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT