ADVERTISEMENT

The 50 Best Players in College Basketball - 2015-2016

BoilerDeac

All-American
Oct 21, 2014
New York, NY
Obviously, this is only one such list/the opinion of one person, but a few interesting notables:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/30/50-best-players-college-basketball-2015-2016/

42. Yogi Ferrell
40. Jake Layman
37. Caleb Swanigan
34. Diamond Stone
29. Nigel Hayes
25. Eron Harris
23. AJ Hammons
16. Caris Levert
11. Jalen Brunson (including him because of how high up he is; pretty crazy, but probably worthy of #11)
8. Melo Trimble

Last edited:
I honestly don't see what everyone else does in Levert. Nice player, but 16?

Obviously, this is only one such list/the opinion of one person, but a few interesting notables:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/30/50-best-players-college-basketball-2015-2016/

42. Yogi Ferrell
40. Jake Layman
37. Caleb Swanigan
34. Diamond Stone
29. Nigel Hayes
25. Eron Harris
23. AJ Hammons
16. Caris Levert
11. Jalen Brunson (including him because of how high up he is; pretty crazy, but probably worthy of #11)
8. Melo Trimble
Don't let Snu or Bull see this. They think they have the better players at every position. Yet their best player ranked behind our newest guy who hasn't played a single game.

Don't let Snu or Bull see this. They think they have the better players at every position. Yet their best player ranked behind our newest guy who hasn't played a single game.

Probably a testiment to the value of this list more than the skill of Biggie. Ferrell should probably rank 1st out of B1G players IMO.

I don't know about that. Much more consitent and reliable. AJ is real good tho. Both great players.
My point was that these guys quote "experts" like this all of the time as proof IU is better. The irony of this list will most certainly be lost on them.

Probably a testiment to the value of this list more than the skill of Biggie. Ferrell should probably rank 1st out of B1G players IMO.
Yogi is a good/great player, but he's about where he should be on that list. He has the choke gene. If he learned how to play D, I'd love him on my team, but I surely would not want the ball in his hands at the end of the game.

Yogi is a good/great player, but he's about where he should be on that list. He has the choke gene. If he learned how to play D, I'd love him on my team, but I surely would not want the ball in his hands at the end of the game.
I think the writer ranked Caleb higher then Yogi due to the fact that Yogi as a five star will maybe make an NBA roster but in four years as Swanigan is figured to be a two year player perhaps. But I think we all know that other factors are the true reason Yogi has played four years, such as size and of course defense.

I don't agree with the list. But I also don't go around quoting journalists as basketball experts. So I have that going for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT