ADVERTISEMENT

Team democrats!

She might have a chance in 2024 although I doubt it. I thought you were talking about 2020. No, I absolutely do not think Republican and conservative women would support Haley. People who don't support either choice often either don't vote or leave that part of the ballot blank.

No one will run against DJT in 2020, it's his election to lose. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see her get the nomination in 2024 and win the election. I find it strange that you don't think Rep and conservative women would support her. Why would that be? Republicans don't play identity politics; they're more policy/principle oriented as opposed to race, gender, color, etc.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
OK, so let's look at what Nikki Haley has done in Public Service, in this country:

2004 - 2010 South Carolina General Assembly ; Majority Whip; Committee Assnmts. incl. labor, commerce and industry

2011 - 2017 Governor of South Carolina
2012 - consideration as M. Romney's V.P. running mate

2017-2018 United States Ambassador to the United Nations

Alright, now Twin. :.YOU take over here with the list of public service contributions that D. Trump was involved in prior to his campaign; for those who have forgotten his vast accomplishments in this regard, please don't forget to detail his enormous sacrifice to his country while serving in the US military.

DJT sure enough had that " proven enough record" that you refered to.....

Is Haley better qualified than Obama was?

No one will run against DJT in 2020, it's his election to lose. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see her get the nomination in 2024 and win the election. I find it strange that you don't think Rep and conservative women would support her. Why would that be? Republicans don't play identity politics; they're more policy/principle oriented as opposed to race, gender, color, etc.
I think Mike Pence will run in 2024.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

1. Look at her record as governor- what she supported/opposed. 2. She is linked to Trump. 3. She supported Ted Cruz. 4. I do not agree that gender, race, color, etc would not play a role and possibly a big one. I personally see no outstanding reason why women would support her.

How was Obama qualified? He was a community organizer.....She's been a state gov and UN delegate. Much better resume than Obama.

Obama.… the community organizer.....IN HIS 20'S !!! Don't forget he might have been
a paperboy when he was 12 !!!
And, of course, a member of the Ill. State Senate for years before serving in THE UNITED STATES SENATE for 4 yrs. , prior to the Presidency. Helping Sen. Richard Lugar control and corrall loose nukes following the breakup of the Soviet Union Republics.

Naturally, Obama's resume of public service PALES in comparison to Trump's !!!
" Firing " people on " The Apprentice " and ripping off thousands of gullible " students " at Trump University will long serve as evidence of how EMINENTLY qualified Donny was for " Leader of the Free World " duty.....

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Obama's record as a state senator.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...rise-right-raise-criticism-candidates-rubio-/

Pretty poor attendance record!

Pretty poor example of giving necessary context to some nickel-dime conclusion:

First of all, for God's sake you COULDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THAT 2007 WAS TIME HE WAS SPENDING IN THE US SENATE, NOT AS A STATE SENATOR !!
And that the attendance issues were not present until Spring 2007 forward, WHEN HE WAS A FULL-TIME CANDIDATE FOR THE PRESIDENCY !!!!
You think McCain had an exemplary attendance record in 2008 ???

A little difficult being all over the country in a campaign & being in Wash., D.C. AT THE SAME TIME !!

1. Look at her record as governor- what she supported/opposed. 2. She is linked to Trump. 3. She supported Ted Cruz. 4. I do not agree that gender, race, color, etc would not play a role and possibly a big one. I personally see no outstanding reason why women would support her.
Women blindly supported Hillary. Tell me why they wouldn't support someone of more character. And no, I'm not a huge Haley fan.

Women blindly supported Hillary. Tell me why they wouldn't support someone of more character. And no, I'm not a huge Haley fan.

According to exit polls Trump won 52% of white women vote. I have seen some articles that say poll was not accurate, etc but that is what exit polls showed. I honestly do not believe that white women will support Haley and I doubt that black women would show up to vote. It has nothing to do with “character” -it’s gender.

( you meant working being the OPERATIVE word)

What's your definition of a 'working' family?
Is it anyone with a job or do you have to be below a certain income?
Is it only blue collar?
Do white collar jobs count?

Jesus. If that's your standard, how in the hell did you vote for Trump?
Marco Rubio could spot Rick Perry or DJT 40 points on an IQ test and still emerge a winner.
Throw in Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman...….and you've got The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Donated to Kasich's campaign myself. When he basically dropped out of the Indiana primary I voted for Cruz

Cruz ? Uh, no.
Kasich ? If only there were a 3rd party for him to head up. Presidential material.
Won me over a while back as Ohio Governor: Said he wouldn't support an Ohio GOP legislative move to " take 400,000 Ohioans off Medicaid to make a political point "

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
Cruz ? Uh, no.
Kasich ? If only there were a 3rd party for him to head up. Presidential material.
Won me over a while back as Ohio Governor: Wouldn't support an Ohio GOP legislative move to " take 400,000 Ohioans off Medicaid to make a political point "
Kasich = McCain Both RINO's. I'd vote for Hillary before Kasich.

Why ?? To make some point WITH YOURSELF about how much you despise moderate Republicans ??

Or to convince the rest of the world that nobody,....but NOBODY......gets away with trashing God's gift to twenty-first century earth-dwellers, the useless Donald Trump ??

Either you don't know what a RINO is or you don't know what a republican is.
Let me guess.......Trump is a true republican.

People that throw that term around when referring to conservatives are the true clueless Trumpers.

First, I don't think Bill Maher speaks for Democrats.

Secondly, I'm happy to have reasonable discussions about real issues on here. I have no qualms about saying that, for example, the Democratic primary is full of candidates that I don't think are great. I think Democrats would be moronic to swing left...which is why I think Biden is your frontrunner. I think Biden is fine from a knowledge/experience standpoint, and I think its rather humorous that Republicans pounce on gaffes here and there....considering who their own candidate is that's 10 times worse at it.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out....Warren/Sanders are splitting the progressive vote. I think Buttigieg is ok, but he's probably too young for many. O'Rourke is great "in action" but bad in staged environments. Harris has shown to be a flawed candidate when the spotlight turned on her after the first debate.

It'd be nice for people on the right to at least be straightforward - the run around and ignoring what Trump does is just not ok.

Thank you for saying this. Maher has, for years, identified as a libertarian with some liberal impulses. He's not at all a representation of the party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT