ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 matchup against Oregon

I imagine if Vegas had a line Oregon might be the smallest of favorites, maybe even a pickem. Wisky the overwhelming favorite of course. One game at a time, beat Oregon for a roll of the dice!

Reactions: DocRon
I imagine if Vegas had a line Oregon might be the smallest of favorites, maybe even a pickem. Wisky the overwhelming favorite of course. One game at a time, beat Oregon for a roll of the dice!
Saw an article that reranked the 16 in vball..... Oregon was #4 and we were #13. Nebraska 1, Wisconsin 2, and PSU 16

Reactions: DocRon
Saw an article that reranked the 16 in vball..... Oregon was #4 and we were #13. Nebraska 1, Wisconsin 2, and PSU 16
I saw that too and was going to post, but you beat me to it. As a clarification, the reranking was solely based on the team’s performance in the tournament. Since Oregon swept both the first and second rounds convincingly, they jumped up. We had the four set match with the last three all being won by 2 points. Stanford went from being the overall #2 down to 8th. I happen to watch the end of that match. They were pushed to the limit on their own floor. I didn’t think about the crowd rooting for their conference brethren over their future conference brethren.

I saw that too and was going to post, but you beat me to it. As a clarification, the reranking was solely based on the team’s performance in the tournament. Since Oregon swept both the first and second rounds convincingly, they jumped up. We had the four set match with the last three all being won by 2 points. Stanford went from being the overall #2 down to 8th. I happen to watch the end of that match. They were pushed to the limit on their own floor. I didn’t think about the crowd rooting for their conference brethren over their future conference brethren.
LOL, I did not realize that, but all 4 teams left in the Wisc bracket are or next year will be BT teams.

Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
My gut tells me that Wisc fans might be more inclined to root against Purdue since they lost to us. Hope not but we’ll see. Plus they may be hoping for a matchup vs Oregon.
If UW somehow loses to PSU, those fans probably won’t even stick around for our match vs Oregon. Same for Penn State fans if they lose. Both those teams might like to see us lose. We beat both of them this season ( swept PSU).
So I’m not optimistic Purdue will have alot of on-site support from anyone other than Boiler fans.

Listened to the latest Dig City podcast - Coach Shondell seems quietly confident in this team. They’re playing really good VB lately - 9 straight wins, and seem to have a mental toughness that belies their youth. Wish the match wasn’t so late - I think that may actually help Oregon, considering the time zone change.
I’m hopeful - and will def be watching!

My gut tells me that Wisc fans might be more inclined to root against Purdue since they lost to us. Hope not but we’ll see. Plus they may be hoping for a matchup vs Oregon.
If UW somehow loses to PSU, those fans probably won’t even stick around for our match vs Oregon. Same for Penn State fans if they lose. Both those teams might like to see us lose. We beat both of them this season ( swept PSU).
So I’m not optimistic Purdue will have alot of on-site support from anyone other than Boiler fans.

Listened to the latest Dig City podcast - Coach Shondell seems quietly confident in this team. They’re playing really good VB lately - 9 straight wins, and seem to have a mental toughness that belies their youth. Wish the match wasn’t so late - I think that may actually help Oregon, considering the time zone change.
I’m hopeful - and will def be watching!
I would think UWisc would LOVE a chance to play us at their full strength and prove their loss to us was a fluke and get some revenge for it costing them a share of the BT title, and we are the easier opponent than Oregon by most measures.

I would think UWisc would LOVE a chance to play us at their full strength and prove their loss to us was a fluke and get some revenge for it costing them a share of the BT title, and we are the easier opponent than Oregon by most measures.
They get their chance to do the same versus Penn State on Thursday.

I think the Wis home crowd will be rooting for Purdue. Should hopefully give the team a spark.
Hope so too! One thing that Coach Shondell said on the DC podcast was that a booster of the program had stepped in to send both the band and cheerleaders to Madison for our match. And he was very grateful and appreciative to have this extra level of support on site.
Fingers crossed they need ‘em TWICE before coming home!

Reactions: Boilermb and DocRon
Let’s go Boilers, what a win this would be, a final 8 with this young team would be an amazing year, plus, who knows, maybe they stun the world and beat Wisky’s team of All Stars?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT