ADVERTISEMENT

Strickland to Purdue - Hoosier Message Board Reactions

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Joe Strickland's choice of Purdue over IU generated some choice reactions on message boards from the Hoosier faithful -sone incredibility, some envy, some angst, and lots of stale-dated insults (as expected). Here are a few excerpts:

Matt Weaver was just on the excellent Hoosier Huddle podcast. Weaver said he talked with Joe Strickland this week. Strickland really likes IU. Weaver said IU is in great shape and he likes IU’s chances.

By judging from his Top 10 list, academics is a strong one to whatever school he commits too.

That must be why Purdue made it. It definitely isn't because of their football success!

I think Hagen has been huge in this recruitment.

Hagen left IU as D line coach and joined Purdue as D line coach. And both programs upgraded. LOL. What a mediocre coach he is.

I think he would have to really be drawn to Purdue the school. Pretty hard for any objective person to expect they will be more successful than IU the next 4 years. Plus, the brand you create by playing in the East is undeniable compared to the West based on names and markets. Of course, kids are kids, so who knows?

PU fans worried that they are falling too far behind IU in terms of football. They're also starting to worry about IU being ahead of them in basketball within the next three years.

If you are about winning football, he goes to IU. If he doesn't care about winning football, he goes to Purdue.

If Strickland wants to play in a good and fun defensive system for a higher profile program, with better talent around him that will help his profile when he makes plays, as he inevitably will, he will go to IU. If he wants to go to school where the defense will give up chunk yardage and lose a bunch of shootouts in the JV division of the B1G then he can go to Purdue. Enjoy losing 51-43.

His Instagram said he wanted to study engineering and wants to play Notre Dame, which Purdue has both.

I mean IU has an Engineering program so why couldn't it be us.

It's gotta be tough for the top in-state kids this year. IU is on a roll and has historic momentum. The recruiting class is historic as well. CTA has established a family culture that is lauded by the national media as genuine. You can join your fellow Hoosiers and be a part of history, or miss out. If he goes to Purdue, because that's what mom wants, he'll play on a losing team in a weak division and stare at ugly girls for 4 years.

Committed to Purdue!!

Some people just enjoy wallowing in the mud. Why would anybody want to go to Purdue? It's the most drab, boring university in the country.

Poor kid. Mom probably made him play for that garbage program.

He stated many times that he was going to leave the state. Brohm/Hagen & Co obviously got him to change his mind.

Can’t lie, I was hoping we would get a commitment from him.

Anyways, good luck to Joe. Hurts to lose out on a talent like Joe, stings even more that it is to Purdue, but just have to think this was a recruit Purdue couldn't afford to miss out on for variety of reasons. This is a head above water win for them.

He stated that staying in state allows him to see his Brother play basketball and be near home. Civil Engineering is his interest and PU is good at that. Those things make sense and ultimately outweigh the bad football, crappy student life and shitty stadium.

Not sure about the student life thing. Maybe the kid has a zest for fat ugly girls who don’t really think they’re fat and ugly.

Doubt he still wants Business as he said the majors he was looking at were all in the top ten at PU. IU would have tipped the scales if that were the case plus given him a better program, more stable coaching, a much better campus and better student life.

Hopefully he watches another "I" hung the bucket the next four year's...

After this Bucket game will there be two "I"s hung on the chain...the second for the one IU got screwed out of last season??

I'll try to put lipstick on this pig & just point out that it's a net benefit in the long-term that a top in-state recruit went to one of the B1G in-state schools. I'm tired of so many top tier kids leaving for out of state programs. Again, LONG TERM, Indiana kids seeing other Indiana kids stay in Indiana is a good thing.

To me he is similar to David Bell, good kid, good student, close family. We don’t win 100% of them and can still wish some of those we don’t well in their future. (But we still want IU to dominate the bucket series…duh!!)

The only thing that would makes sense is that Brohm opened up the check book. IU has a better coach, a better program, a better system, a better school, a better stadium… and so on and so forth. We’re also going to beat them the next four years. His loss. Good thing we’ve got talent all over the place and won’t even notice this recruiting “miss” in two years.

That's all right he'll transfer out when braum gets fired after next year

PU going bowling? No way. IU has a far superior squad across the board. Outside of Karlaftis and Bell, nobody at PU could start for IU. Most wouldn’t crack the 2 deep either. 4-8 will be PU’s record. Did you see they were picked last in the west?

Our entire secondary is better then what you guys have. We have 3 guys coming back that were on all big 10 teams. Our linebackers are better then yours for sure and our tight end is better, no question. We have better depth at the running back spot then you guys have with the transfer of Stephen Carr coming in. Receivers are tight and you have the edge at defensive end for sure, but that's it. You guys literally have two players, maybe three with Hartwig, that would play for us.

Looks like somebody wants to play for multiple head coaches during their college career.

He’ll probably flip after you go 3-9

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News