ADVERTISEMENT

Stephanie White fired at Vanderbuilt

Her tenure was plagued by losing seasons and wholesale transfers of quality players after one or two seasons playing for White.

Reactions: DocRon
Funny that they would wait this long. Must have found someone to replace her.

I feel bad for Steph. One of my all time favorite Boilers. But ultimately you have to win games no matter what level you coach. She's a smart, talented young lady and I'm sure she'll land on her feet.

Is she a possible assistant for Katie Gearlds? Or is that totally nutso?
That thought crossed my mind too. Would have to wait for Versyp and her staff to be gone (one would guess) and not sure how the dynamics of “underclassman” Gearlds being boss over “upperclassman” White would be like. And you wonder what she would add since she couldn’t get her team at Vandy to perform.

That thought crossed my mind too. Would have to wait for Versyp and her staff to be gone (one would guess) and not sure how the dynamics of “underclassman” Gearlds being boss over “upperclassman” White would be like. And you wonder what she would add since she couldn’t get her team at Vandy to perform.
In addition to the poor W-L record at Vanderbilt my bigger concern would be the large number of players who transferred away from her program. Based on an admittedly quick search it appears that quite a few of them left after only a year or two in her program. At least a few went on to find success with other programs so it doesn't seem to be a performance issue.

Reactions: DocRon
Bringing in Kelly Komara, now also out of a job at Vandy, would be a higher possibility. One of my all-time Boiler faves.

Stephanie will probably end up as a wnba assistant or the like.

Steph already was a WNBA HC Coach in Indy. She followed up Lynn Dunn as HC there.

Komara = hell yes. White = strong reservations. I loved watching Stephen play, but I think she lacks some of 5he personal charm needed to recruit and retain players.

Reactions: Boilermakerdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT