ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Staff & subscriber predictions: Purdue vs. Syracuse

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Boiler Upload Subscriber Predictions:

The great subscribers of Boiler Upload were basically split last week against Virginia Tech, but are in more of an agreement as Purdue prepares to take on Syracuse. 52% have the Boilermakers winning by seven or more points, while 36% have Purdue winning by less than seven. Only 12% have Syracuse coming into Ross-Ade Stadium and stealing a victory.

Kory Sheets:

"Purdue all the way. We control the ground game. Honestly, I'm looking for the wide receivers. I don't feel like we have a stud wide receiver yet. We've got a couple guys that are flashy here and there, but I'm looking for a stud wide receiver to emerge."

Kyle Holderfield: Purdue 37, Syracuse 27

Purdue will host their second game of the Walters Era tomorrow when they welcome the Orange to West Lafayette. Purdue suffered a setback the last time they were home, then went on the road where the came out victorious after 5 hours of waiting or so.

The Orange have a small front 7, and I like the Boilermakers matchup in the run game this weekend, but on offense, Syracuse will roll out one of the biggest offensive lines Purdue will see this year, a veteran quarterback, veteran wide receivers and two explosive running backs.

Syracuse has not yet been tested though, while Purdue has played two solid opponents, I think the strength of schedule plays a factor, and Purdue comes out on top.

Travis Miller: Purdue 31, Syracuse 27

Syracuse really hasn't played anyone, while Purdue has been battle tested in two games that have gone down to the final possession. Who does that benefit? I do think the Boilers looked much better in week two on defense, while the offense was still a little inconsistent. We will see some points in this one.

Casey Bartley: Purdue 34, Syracuse 27

Purdue has been punched in the mouth and sometimes that’s the difference early. Syracuse has big receivers that will give Purdue some issues, especially with Shrader keeping plays alive, but a reinforced offensive line will give Purdue the edge early and they’ll wear Syracuse down.

Jace Jellison: Purdue 35, Syracuse 31

Saturday is an opportunity for Ryan Walters and the Boilermakers to continue building off of the positives of last weekend in Blacksburg. The offensive line improved, paving the way for a successful day running the football. The defense had its best showing of the young season and showed just how suffocating it could be at points throughout the game.

Syracuse comes in as hot as ever, but are the Orange legit after wins over Colgate and Western Michigan? We're about to find out. Dino Babers' offense will be the best Purdue has played so far this season and will have more success than the Hokies did in week two, however, there are areas of weakness in the defense.

I think Purdue gets off to another fast start, scoring on its first two possessions before Syracuse comes roaring back to make it a close game. Ultimately, Hudson Card shows why Graham Harrell and Ryan Walters were so high on him out of the portal and leads the Boilermakers on a game winning drive late in the fourth quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News