ADVERTISEMENT

Song: Rich Men North of Richmond

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
Song shows how far extremist left the Dems have gotten. Their leftist media declared it a new anthem for the right.

When you look at the lyrics, it is a song about how tough the working class has it, and how frustrated they are. But the media declared this a song for the right wingers because it is also a song about being taxed to much. Oh the horors! How dare the songwriter complain about Govt. & rich politicians. LOL .

Just further evidence, the working class, a past staple of the left.....is no longer a Dem contingent.

Lyrics...

You know the first time I heard this song, I hated it.

But it's lyrics made me curious to learn more.

So when I read about the singer, high school drop out, his severe accident, depression, then turning down mega money, humility. Reading hopeful scriptures before the singing......yes now with the back story, I just guess I gotta admit ...
I'm lovin it.

Liberals hate the song because it demonizes Liberals (Aka “Rich Men” north of Richmond), so liberal MSM will label it by whispering “it’s racist”

First I would say it demonizes both parties. Nothing D or R about corruption & taxation. Slime on both sides.

Secondly, I think more poor whites are on welfare than any other race. So don't know how anyone could say the song is racist??? But then when did libs ever tell the truth??

But it is a universal truth that many working people don't like to think their tax money is going towards non working people on welfare. You can include me in that group.

Still the song is more about hard working people getting abused by Govt over taxation than any of its sub plots.

Last edited:
First I would say it demonizes both parties. Nothing D or R about corruption & taxation. Slime on both sides.

Secondly, I think more poor whites are on welfare than any other race. So don't know how anyone could say the song is racist??? But then when did libs ever tell the truth??

But it is a universal truth that many working people don't like to think their tax money is going towards non working people on welfare. You can include me in that group.

Still the song is more about hard working people getting abused by Govt over taxation than any of its sub plots.
There used to be more whites on welfare than blacks. But currently blacks slipped ahead by 1 percentage point. 39.8% blacks to 38.8% whites. Either way, that’s a lot of folks on welfare.

As far as the song, this song is a lot better song than Aldean’s.

• Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG
There used to be more whites on welfare than blacks. But currently blacks slipped ahead by 1 percentage point. 39.8% blacks to 38.8% whites. Either way, that’s a lot of folks on welfare.

Didn't know that blacks slipped ahead....or were even close? Being only 12% of population, I would not have thought that many were on welfare.

Wish they would cap welfare in length of time and number of children. Maybe they already do? Don't know much about it. But one thing I have figured out about it....just another Govt program to buy votes.

Last edited:
Didn't know that blacks slipped ahead? Being only 12% of population, I would not have thought that many were on welfare. Why so many in your estimation? (One would think blacks would be 12% of people in welfare.... similar to there makeup in total population)

Wish they would cap welfare in length of time and number of children. Maybe they already do? Don't know much about it.
Gee, only 2.4% are Asian-Americans, despite being non-white.

Is there anything to be learned from this? Could other groups possibly benefit from the Asian-American emphasis on education, work and family cohesion?

Is there anything to be learned from this? Could other groups possibly benefit from the Asian-American emphasis on education, work and family cohesion?

I think we can learn some positive things from all cultures.....but the Asian emphasis on Ed, family and work ethic is outstanding in many cases.

My wife works with several philipinos. It is amazing how they care for the family unit, even folks back on the islands. Constantly sending money back when they do not have to, but do, due to the close bond.

Dude, that's racist. Wait....what?

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
I am "mad" at any welfare recipients who are in a position to get a job but prefer to cheat the system -- and also at any who keep having children when they cannot support the ones they already have.

Aren't you mad at them too, Ted (or Dick)?
I'm glad you're here to show us that 40 year-old propaganda can still work on sufficiently slow people.

Reactions: indy35

If 78.6% of the people are white and black and the white population is 4 times larger than the black population then the black population has roughly 4 times the white population on welfare based upon population percentage. So, there are 4 times more blacks on welfare when the population pie is used for random probabilities.

Last edited:
If the percentages are about equal then the whites have more people (due to population percent) on welfare than blacks and should be expected. If 78.6% of the people are white and black and the white population is 4 times larger than the black population then the black population has roughly 4 times the white population on welfare based upon population percentage. So, there are more whites on Welfare and 4 times more blacks on welfare when the population pie is used for random probabilities.
It is best to avoid math when trying to explain simple things to bni and Ted.

• Haha
Reactions: bonefish1
If the percentages are about equal then the whites have more people (due to population percent) on welfare than blacks and should be expected. If 78.6% of the people are white and black and the white population is 4 times larger than the black population then the black population has roughly 4 times the white population on welfare based upon population percentage. So, there are more whites on Welfare and 4 times more blacks on welfare when the population pie is used for random probabilities.
Yep, you are correct. The white percentage used to be higher. But, as you broke it down as far as numbers, then yes there are more whites on welfare. I believe that's always been the case but blacks on welfare are the ones who are demonized being on welfare. When Reagan and others referred to the so-called "welfare queen" back in the 80's was a reference to a black woman driving a Cadillac to the welfare office to pick up her check.

Yep, you are correct. The white percentage used to be higher. But, as you broke it down as far as numbers, then yes there are more whites on welfare. I believe that's always been the case but blacks on welfare are the ones who are demonized being on welfare. When Reagan and others referred to the so-called "welfare queen" back in the 80's was a reference to a black woman driving a Cadillac to the welfare office to pick up her check.
You don't get the math, do you?

Then why did you say, 'blacks on welfare are the ones who are demonized being on welfare.'?
Oh, because no one speaks about whites on welfare. But as far the media, TV shows, talk shows, etc. when they talk about folks on welfare, black people are the center of the discussion, particularly when it comes to discussions on taking advantage of the system. That's where the "welfare queen came into play back in the day. A black woman driving a Cadillac going into the welfare office to get food stamps as it was called back in the day. Whites are hardly ever discussed when it comes to the welfare system.

Oh, because no one speaks about whites on welfare. But as far the media, TV shows, talk shows, etc. when they talk about folks on welfare, black people are the center of the discussion, particularly when it comes to discussions on taking advantage of the system. That's where the "welfare queen came into play back in the day. A black woman driving a Cadillac going into the welfare office to get food stamps as it was called back in the day. Whites are hardly ever discussed when it comes to the welfare system.
But you can see that per capita, blacks are a much bigger element of welfare than any other group, right?

Where are blacks "demonized", other than in your mind? Certainly not in the regime media. Do you hear it on urban radio?

But you can see that per capita, blacks are a much bigger element of welfare than any other group, right?

Where are blacks "demonized", other than in your mind? Certainly not in the regime media. Do you hear it on urban radio?
Yeah I get all that. Just like the crime statistics.

You never heard of the “welfare queen” reference? Or when Reagan used it. Yes, blacks are demonized when it comes to talking about welfare. You can’t tell me that when welfare is discussed, you and others don’t think about blacks. Yes talked about the demonization On black radio, family, friends etc. This is not nothing new.

Yeah I get all that. Just like the crime statistics.

You never heard of the “welfare queen” reference? Or when Reagan used it. Yes, blacks are demonized when it comes to talking about welfare. You can’t tell me that when welfare is discussed, you and others don’t think about blacks. Yes talked about the demonization On black radio, family, friends etc. This is not nothing new.
Do you have any examples more recent than the 1970s?

Do you have any examples more recent than the 1970s?
Reagan is the most famous reference to that term. If you ain’t black you may not pick up on in your everyday life and circles. But you have to admit, when was the last time in your circles, shows you watch, social gatherings that you heard of any reference to whites people on welfare. Let alone any derogatory reference to white people on welfare. Given the fact that more whites are on welfare, I’ve never heard of a white woman being labeled as a welfare queen.

Oh, because no one speaks about whites on welfare.

LOL above: I said more poor whites on welfare than any other race. Ironically, you disagreed with that. Followed by others talking about white %es on welfare. Now you are saying no one speaks about whites on welfare. That doesn't add up.

LOL above: I said more poor whites on welfare than any other race. Ironically, you disagreed with that. Followed by others talking about white %es on welfare. Now you are saying no one speaks about whites on welfare. That doesn't add up.
I was talking about the % whites on welfare finally dropped a tad lower than the % blacks on welfare. But yes I totally forgot or did not take into account the numbers of each group on welfare. I knew that was the case as I have brought that up on this forum a long time ago.

I was talking about the % whites on welfare finally dropped a tad lower than the % blacks on welfare. But yes I totally forgot or did not take into account the numbers of each group on welfare. I knew that was the case as I have brought that up on this forum a long time ago.

Yea, you had me scratching my head on that one. Always thought more poor whites on welfare than any race. I know my home county, very poor, is full of welfare moms or dad's.

So yes.....several here speak about whites on welfare.

But you have to admit, when was the last time in your circles, shows you watch, social gatherings that you heard of any reference to whites people on welfare. Let alone any derogatory reference to white people on welfare. Given the fact that more whites are on welfare, I’ve never heard of a white woman being labeled as a welfare queen.
All the time. White trash, trailer trash, hilljacks, etc, all commonly heard derogatory terms for whites on welfare.

"I found out quick what they called welfare people: White trash."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-white-trash-girl-stumbled-on-grace

Reactions: tjreese
I was talking about the % whites on welfare finally dropped a tad lower than the % blacks on welfare.
It looks like you still don't get the math.

The correct way to state it is, of the total number of people who receive welfare, 38.8% of that total is white, and 39.8% of that total is black.

That does not mean 38.8% of whites are on welfare, or 39.8% of blacks are on welfare, as your statement implies. Can you see that?

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
It looks like you still don't get the math.

The correct way to state it is, of the total number of people who receive welfare, 38.8% of that total is white, and 39.8% of that total is black.

That does not mean 38.8% of whites are on welfare, or 39.8% of blacks are on welfare, as your statement implies. Can you see that?
Yeah, that’s what I thought at first. I’m the one who posted those figures.

All the time. White trash, trailer trash, hilljacks, etc, all commonly heard derogatory terms for whites on welfare.

"I found out quick what they called welfare people: White trash."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-white-trash-girl-stumbled-on-grace
I understand all that and unfortunately I went to high school with some white folks that referred to poor whites as such. Also, had a Purdue roommate that did the same. He referred to them as low lifes on the other side of town. But anyhow, what I was getting at is when people complain that people on welfare are scamming the system, they always refer to black women. They never talk about white folks on welfare scamming the system.

I understand all that and unfortunately I went to high school with some white folks that referred to poor whites as such. Also, had a Purdue roommate that did the same. He referred to them as low lifes on the other side of town. But anyhow, what I was getting at is when people complain that people on welfare are scamming the system, they always refer to black women. They never talk about white folks on welfare scamming the system.
I think the reason is the perception of how the media portrays the welfare queen: younger black female with several small children but hair extensions, crazy nails and looking like she just walked out of the parlor.

I think the reason is the perception of how the media portrays the welfare queen: younger black female with several small children but hair extensions, crazy nails and looking like she just walked out of the parlor.
That’s the media doing it, not a stereotype on your part?

At first? Why did you change your mind on the meaning?
I posted what I posted about the welfare numbers were the % of welfare total. Then someone chimed in and may have said something about that those percentages were % of population. That is where the discussion turned. But yeah those percentages are % of total on welfare.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT