ADVERTISEMENT

So the horrible, down BT finishes 5-5...

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
...assuming the curb-stomping Tenn is putting on Iowa continues. (I wonder if this loss makes the seat under Ferentz any hotter...)

Here's the breakdown:

Tenn 42, Iowa 14 (unranked, but Tenn with the Wonder Twin Super power of the SEC!)
OSU 42, Bama 35 (4 v. 1)
MSU 42, Baylor 41 (8 v. 5)
Misery 33, Minny 17 (16 v. 25)
Wisky 34, Auburn 31 (19 v. 18)
USC 45, Neb 42 (unranked)
Stanford 45, Maryland 21 (unranked)
PSU 31, BC 30 (unranked)
Rutgers 40, N carolina 21 (unranked)
LA Tech 35, Ill 18 (unnranked)

Iowa and Maryland blown out, but everyone else in it even with the losses (if the Illinois D player hadn't dropped that picked up fumble at the 5, I think the Illini would have won or at least made a much better game of it)

By conference:

PAC 10 0-2
ACC 2-0
Big 12 1-0
SEC 2-2
CUSA 0-1

Dogs in all the games, ranked upsets in 3 of the 4. Not too shabby. I wonder how the SEC likes that big target on their back now? They petitioned for it, demanded it and now have it, the best conference in college football. So now every team they face non-conference will be looking to take them down.

Two comments overheard: "We can't let this happen, we're the SEC!" (Ole Miss QB on the way to their 42-3 drubbing)
"Now maybe folks will stop talking about the SEC for a couple of days" (TCU coach to field reporter after the game)

I get your frustration, but its not like both conferences haven't earned their reputation to this point.

pretty good for the big ten... especially if osu beats oregon (despite oregon being early touchdown favorites).
funny that the mighty sec west went 2-5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT