ADVERTISEMENT

So, Robert Aaron Long

Why don’t you refute the claims made in the article then? Exactly. Like usual, you have no legitimate points so you just try to discredit other people. Bad lib, now go lay down and lick yourself like a good dog.
The entire premise of the Federalist is to trash Democrats. It does things like spread disinformation about the pandemic. There’s nothing good faith about that site.

Fishhead is more than welcome to link a site that legitimately fact-checks Biden.

Oh and you can put your pearls that you’re clutching away. This would be like if I linked a CNN story. You lame trolls would be wailing away about fake news. Quit being a delicate hypocrite.

The entire premise of the Federalist is to trash Democrats. It does things like spread disinformation about the pandemic. There’s nothing good faith about that site.

Fishhead is more than welcome to link a site that legitimately fact-checks Biden.

Oh and you can put your pearls that you’re clutching away. This would be like if I linked a CNN story. You lame trolls would be wailing away about fake news. Quit being a delicate hypocrite.
LOL lies are lies but it depends on what website they come from?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Boilermaker03

If The Federalist is such a lopsided source, which its obviously right wing, then the points made in the article should be easily refuted, no? We will wait.

No evidence to suggest more regulation leads to less death and violent crime. Which I assume is your endgame with more gun regulations. Bad guys are going to get guns if they want, new laws aren't going to stop that.
Really, no evidence? Are you familiar with Australia at all?

That's some major twisting of my point there. And that response about regulating everything that could kill if we regulate guns is the standard RWNJ strawman. The point is that I am quite unlikely to fall off a ladder and die, and I am substantially less likely to have a person break into my house and try to kill me. It's amazing that you can't see this ... I have never in my 38+ years of life met a person who had to defend their house from someone coming to kill them. Not once. Now maybe I live a charmed life, growing up in places without such insanity, but where do you live where you're under this kind of threat?!

Why is that your standard for gun legality?

I haven't been personally attacked in my home so I don't think anyone should have guns that are "made to kill."

My standard for gun legality is the 2nd Amendment. But I guess that makes me a right wing nut job.

Really, no evidence? Are you familiar with Australia at all?

Yes, and in their gun buyback program, violent crime went up in the immediate period after, then returned to pre-buyback levels. So, no change.

Why is that your standard for gun legality?

I haven't been personally attacked in my home so I don't think anyone should have guns that are "made to kill."

My standard for gun legality is the 2nd Amendment. But I guess that makes me a right wing nut job.
I never said anything about a standard of legality. I would challenge the Second Amendment even referring to anyone outside of a well regulated militia. But that aside, in countries like Australia and the UK, self defense isn't a legal reason for owning a weapon. Regardless, high capacity magazines in semi-auto weapons have no use beyond trying to kill large numbers of people quickly. Why is that something you support being in the hands of John Q. Public?

Yes, and in their gun buyback program, violent crime went up in the immediate period after, then returned to pre-buyback levels. So, no change.

Wait, so their firearm death rate of 0.88 per 100k is on par with the US rate of 12?

Wait, so their firearm death rate of 0.88 per 100k is on par with the US rate of 12?

I didn't mention gun violence, I said violent crime. Roughly half of all privately owned guns in the world are in the US, of course gun specific violence is higher. Overall violent crime rate is unimpacted by firearms.

I never said anything about a standard of legality. I would challenge the Second Amendment even referring to anyone outside of a well regulated militia. But that aside, in countries like Australia and the UK, self defense isn't a legal reason for owning a weapon. Regardless, high capacity magazines in semi-auto weapons have no use beyond trying to kill large numbers of people quickly. Why is that something you support being in the hands of John Q. Public?
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Good luck disproving that

If The Federalist is such a lopsided source, which its obviously right wing, then the points made in the article should be easily refuted, no? We will wait.
You just described why it’s not worth refuting. If you’re going to use the Federalist, a known right wing rag, as the starting point, then you’re indicating you don’t care to have a good faith discussion. Feel free to pick a middle ground starting point and we can go from there.

Reactions: indy35
Why don’t you refute the claims made in the article then? Exactly. Like usual, you have no legitimate points so you just try to discredit other people. Bad lib, now go lay down and lick yourself like a good dog.

Federalist says Biden lied about there being overwhelming support for the COVID bill, their proof is they found a couple of people/organizations that didn't support it.
That's not Biden lying, that's not proving anything about the level of support for the bill.

What is an assault rifle???
It is any rifle that you assault something with? ;) The litmus test for stupidity is gun control…whether reviewing the data, engaging in hypothetical logical conclusions based upon reality, actually looking at individual cases or just understanding the purpose of the 2nd not to mention the historical data of gun control in many countries…or even just having an idea of what happened in the Meadows Massacre here in the USA.

Gun control has NOTHING to do with preventing shootings, but everything to do with control and why the 2nd exists that stands a bit in the way of total power and control some desire. A lady may realize today something she didn’t know a couple of days ago, and thinks she needs to protect herself “today”. That lady had months to decide who she would vote for and how to make it happen. The good Lord may have placed a limit on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our gullibility.

You are clearly making that challenge, poorly, already. In Australia and the UK, they don't have a 2nd amendment. I don't care if John Q Public has firearms or how many. I know a lot of people (John Q Publics you are so afraid of) with a LOT of guns, I am not worried one iota about their guns, or guns in general.

Why is the standard for "legal" ownership to you some arbitrary max number of rounds in magazines? That's your standard because that is what you are advocating for, I am not sure how that is confusing. Right now the talk is what, 10 max? Then, 7? Then, none and give us your guns?

People were laughed at after Robert E Lee statues were torn down when saying it was a slippery slope to others. Then hardly 2 years later down go Jefferson, Washington and even Christopher Columbus.

Federalist says Biden lied about there being overwhelming support for the COVID bill, their proof is they found a couple of people/organizations that didn't support it.
That's not Biden lying, that's not proving anything about the level of support for the bill.

So are you saying that COVID bill, which had 0 Republican support, was overwhelmingly supported?

So are you saying that COVID bill, which had 0 Republican support, was overwhelmingly supported?
It was overwhelmingly supported by the public. Republicans voting against it for political purposes is not really the same thing. It was telling that there were Republican elected officials putting out statements about all the good things that would happen for their constituents, even though they voted against the actual bill.

Reactions: DG Boiler
It was overwhelmingly supported by the public. Republicans voting against it for political purposes is not really the same thing. It was telling that there were Republican elected officials putting out statements about all the good things that would happen for their constituents, even though they voted against the actual bill.

I don't recall seeing those polls, so I will have to take your word on that one. The article was likely referring to Republican congressional support, as was stated prior in the article.

You are clearly making that challenge, poorly, already. In Australia and the UK, they don't have a 2nd amendment. I don't care if John Q Public has firearms or how many. I know a lot of people (John Q Publics you are so afraid of) with a LOT of guns, I am not worried one iota about their guns, or guns in general.

Why is the standard for "legal" ownership to you some arbitrary max number of rounds in magazines? That's your standard because that is what you are advocating for, I am not sure how that is confusing. Right now the talk is what, 10 max? Then, 7? Then, none and give us your guns?

People were laughed at after Robert E Lee statues were torn down when saying it was a slippery slope to others. Then hardly 2 years later down go Jefferson, Washington and even Christopher Columbus.
Here we go with the deflection ... I don't really care about statues, and this is way off topic.

And your point about no 2nd amendment in Australia and the UK is exactly my point. Fewer guns = fewer gun deaths. The US has more guns than people - literally!

Some guns are designed to kill birds, game, etc. AR-15 rifles are specifically to kill people. Why does anyone NEED to kill someone? Why is it a right to be able to kill someone? Can you give an honest answer?
Massive strawman. Nobody argues that they have a right to kill someone. They do have a right to protect themselves AND to be prepared to stop a tyrannical government. It was such an important concept that the founders made it the second item to list as our rights. Don't like it? Leave.

What freedom am I exchanging again? You're talking the freedom to have a weapon meant for killing a person? I don't need that freedom. I should have freedom from idiots with guns shooting at me. That's not achievable due to this other, much less necessary "freedom." I'll pose this question again: where do you people live that you're being attacked in your homes by armed intruders? There's a better chance of me dying by falling off of a ladder.
You're taking away the ability to prevent a tyrannical government. Any time a tyrannical government comes along, what's the first thing they do? Take away the guns. You're playing right into what they want. You're actually MUCH safer with more guns on the streets. If bad people don't know who is capable of shooting back, they are less likely to try to shoot someone themselves.

If the government decides to start committing mass murder against its citizens, are you gonna be reciting the second amendment while firing your AR at the Abrams tank in the street that's sending a 120mm shell through your house?

What keeps that from happening is electing responsible people who actually adhere to the Constitution and don't just give it lip service. Don't elect power hungry autocrats. Don't elect leaders that lie to us.

I'm not for handing over my guns. I'm for more regulation that keeps the bad guys from getting them. You people SAY you are too.......until it actually might happen, then you don't want any changes in gun regulations.
I'd rather have the option to have my AR15 in my hand when those tanks roll in vs just holding my finger up at them...

That's some major twisting of my point there. And that response about regulating everything that could kill if we regulate guns is the standard RWNJ strawman. The point is that I am quite unlikely to fall off a ladder and die, and I am substantially less likely to have a person break into my house and try to kill me. It's amazing that you can't see this ... I have never in my 38+ years of life met a person who had to defend their house from someone coming to kill them. Not once. Now maybe I live a charmed life, growing up in places without such insanity, but where do you live where you're under this kind of threat?!
Wow, the "it doesn't happen in my back yard, therefore it doesn't happen" argument...

People that live in cities have their places broken into on the regular. Those same places are where people are not allowed to own a gun.

Please tell me one regulation that would stop shootings. ONE. Even those in congress have admitted that they cannot think of any that would stop them from happening. This is noting more than a power grab. Dems are masters at it becasue they use the media to create a problem (where there isn't much of one) by only telling part of the story and then people that don't know dick about the issue think they know how to solve the problem. Please go educate yourself on guns. Go take some classes, get some lessons, read all the statistics. You will learn that we are going in the wrong direction here. We need less gun free zones not more.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Because the government can have them...

But those black guns...they look terrible...and some have handles. Gotta get rid of those very powerful guns and bullets like the .223 that shoot through tanks or those assault arms bought in gun shops that shoot 400 rounds a second. Some bullets are faster than others. Why do we need fast bullets? Yeah, but some weigh more than others...like getting hit with a brick. No more 300 gr bullets for 45-70s and such. Who gives a $hit, let's talk kinetic energy...but you promised no math ...besides why is an informed opinion needed? I know what I feel! Why attack center fire...what about shotguns hitting innocent people with their 5 foot spread? Outlaw centerfire and shotguns, but keep rimfire...like a .17 that would not look so big. Who cares if that little bullet goes fast...just don't let it have a handle. Outlaw 3d printers so people can't make whatever is outlawed...or make a law against it something to deter someone willing to die to kill another

In the Revolutionary war the Brown Bess was the common government military issue for the British and the Patriots. It was a smooth bore. However, some...no idea how many "individuals" had rifled barrels or a much better rifle than the government issue rifle. We have a people issue, not a gun issue. There have been millions of guns across the USA for years, long before such volitale pressure cooker bombs and we did't have the crap go on like today. I wish there was less attempt in gun control and more concern in NOT dividing people and trying to create divison and victimhood. Everyday it appears there is an attack on someone due to his or her race and guns didn't cause that. If people really cared they would publish the real data, really laid out what is really going on and then try to address the real issue instead of trying to sound great by passing out pablum to eat to the masses for political support.

We have a mess and diversions of insignificance to distract from real issues gets air time instead of important things, but I further digress about a world so different than it should be...what a mess! We want to pretend we know that which we don't and speak out in social media things we wouldn't say in a group of intelligent people where there was some requisite knowledge base to speak as though Osmosis grants us that understanding. Go spend 5 minutes on twitter and tell me how smart we are...yet everyone has an opinion...

Here we go with the deflection ... I don't really care about statues, and this is way off topic.

And your point about no 2nd amendment in Australia and the UK is exactly my point. Fewer guns = fewer gun deaths. The US has more guns than people - literally!
Jesus, yes maybe gun deaths have gone down, but deaths in general have not. The methods have just shifted. Without guns, you are giving the average male an overwhelming advantage over just about ANY female. Do you not care about the rights of women to not be attacked and or raped?

If you like how Australia and others do it so much, then go there. We don't need people like you here.

Great, so CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NYT, Wa Po, etc are all out because they are known for lying. Thanks for playing.
You post links to doctored, conspiratorial YouTube videos and try to pass them off as factual. You should probably sit this one out.

Let’s see, you post long, highly edited videos that are extremely slanted and you try to pass them off as factual. Read that back to yourself slowly, genius.
Edited is 100% different than doctored. Then again, you use the word highly when describing the editing. Any proof of that? Didn't think so. Try again hoss.

BTW many of the longest videos I have linked here have ZERO cuts. Kinda hard to highly edit or doctor something with no cuts whatsoever.

Last edited:

What deflection? I am ignoring your question about where I live because it's irrelevant.

You think people shouldn't be allowed "high capacity magazines" because you don't like them and don't know anyone who has needed it. That second part of your sentence is fantastic news, I hope no one, ever, needs to use their firearm. And I will also say I will most likely never use my own firearms for anything other than amusement. But that isn't reality for everyone, so who are you or I to tell someone else how they need to protect themselves?

However, just limiting the magazines won't make any difference in gun crime in America (certainly won't make a difference in overall violent crimes as they will continue with or without "hi capacity magazines"), so more gun control will be "needed". Even smaller capacity! That won't make a difference either, so the next step is no more gun sales. Then when gun violence still exists after that, government takes guns. That is the slippery slope, as referenced by the statues.

Gun crime exists because people exist, take away guns you are still left with crime. I am more concerned with the crime than the tool used during it.

Reactions: SKYDOG and jrcrist
It's an AR15 pistol. You need a 16" barrel to be considered a rifle. Who's gonna hunt game with a short barrel?

I've shot an AR 15 pistol. It's a beast. You would never hunt with it.

None of this is true except 16" being the long gun length.

If you think a .223 pistol is a "beast" or that people don't hunt sbr or pistol you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited is 100% different than doctored. Then again, you use the word highly when describing the editing. Any proof of that? Didn't think so. Try again hoss.

BTW many of the longest videos I have linked here have ZERO cuts. Kinda hard to highly edit or doctor something with no cuts whatsoever.
They have no cuts huh? lol. Okay.

What you guys wanting to ban guns continually fail to understand is that the 2nd amendment is meant to allow people to own guns to protect vs a tyrannical government. How are you supposed to be able to do that if we are only allowed to use pistols and bolt action guns? We're already massively out gunned by our military. Making that divide wider isn't a good idea. Plus, like I said, shootings happen in areas where people KNOW they won't get resistance. Gun laws create gun free zones which a gun free zone = easy kill zone.

The real issue isn't the guns. It's the people. We need a better way to identify and handle people with mental illness. There have been countless shootings that could have been prevented. FBI told about a person being a potential danger yet the FBI does nothing. Months later we have dead bodies. Handle the issue up front. That's the best and only way to get a real result in removing mass shootings. That and get rid of gun free zones.
WOW! How did I miss this take? You seriously think a bunch of backwoods hilljacks arming themselves are going to take on the military? This may be the most ridiculous reasoning I've seen yet. Yes, that was actually the aim of the amendment. But no, no matter how many guns you own, you're not going to take on the military. The idiots at the Capitol on January 6 saw that firsthand, and that was with a president who actively avoided sending in the national guard.

What deflection? I am ignoring your question about where I live because it's irrelevant.

You think people shouldn't be allowed "high capacity magazines" because you don't like them and don't know anyone who has needed it. That second part of your sentence is fantastic news, I hope no one, ever, needs to use their firearm. And I will also say I will most likely never use my own firearms for anything other than amusement. But that isn't reality for everyone, so who are you or I to tell someone else how they need to protect themselves?

However, just limiting the magazines won't make any difference in gun crime in America (certainly won't make a difference in overall violent crimes as they will continue with or without "hi capacity magazines"), so more gun control will be "needed". Even smaller capacity! That won't make a difference either, so the next step is no more gun sales. Then when gun violence still exists after that, government takes guns. That is the slippery slope, as referenced by the statues.

Gun crime exists because people exist, take away guns you are still left with crime. I am more concerned with the crime than the tool used during it.
So you don't think the US has more gun deaths than any other country on earth (not even gross - per 100k citizens) has anything to do with having the most guns? There's no correlation in your mind? And yes, there will always be crime.

By your and this nutty 03 guy's logic, we should all be armed to the hilt for "security." The irony is that it's your insecurity feeding this obsession.

Not like you'd know anyway. You probably haven't watched most of my stuff. And no, the longest videos I've linked have no cuts.
Wow, how’d you ever guess I wasn’t going to watch any of your conspiracy theory videos? Pure genius! I don’t care what anyone says about you, you are definitely the sharpest tack in the drawer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT