ADVERTISEMENT

So IU is a lock in the Tourney?

Mar 13, 2008
Louisville, KY
and we're a bubble team, okay.
With the loss tonight to Iowa at home.....and assuming Sparty beats them next; IU will have lost 8 of the last 12 games.
Two of those wins are Rutgers.

Come on NCAA Committee open your freaking eyes! You want teams that are peaking at the end of the year, not a dumpster fire like that trailer trash in Bloomington who Purdue has smoked twice this year.

Boiler Up.

Watched the 2nd half of the 2nd half of the IU/Iowa game and Dakich basically said how can IU be in over us, nice stuff to hear. Hopefully, GF&P doesn't lecture us about mentioning IU.

Prior to this game, most people had IU as an 8 seed (some as high as a 7). They didn't seem to be affected by their recent skid and nowhere near the bubble.

Even if you did a blind resume and didn't factor their recent lengthy skid in play, their RPI is 44 (before tonight). Not really screaming 7 or 8 seed.

I don't get it.

We just need to worry about winning games. We are only in if we keep winning. Had we won Sunday, then it wouldn't really matter. But we didn't. We aren't in yet. Neither is IU or MSU or Iowa. Just win baby!

I have maintained for over 2 weeks that IU is NOT a lock. They are melting like the Wicked Witch of the West in a monsoon.

They plau MSU next in Bloomington. MSU is likely to get them there, especially if Purdue wins against them tomorrow evening.as MSU would then really need the game for their tourney hopes.

Bracketology is screwed up this year. The idea that IU was in and set in stone was always silly. It never made it past the smaell test.

I figure Lunardi and the other for-profit services cater to those who subscribe. They want to sell access to their rankings/brackets. The more hits, the better. It is money driven.

First, teams that have had previous success have fans that want to know if they are in or not. SO the authors of these brackets will tend to favor those teams with history, which are the same teams that have rabid fans wanting to knwow if they are "in". Now ask yourself who are the most insecure basketball fans? Who are the most likely to check and check again if their team is still in? I would guess that might characterize most IU fans.

Like I say, it is money driven. Lunardi's current brackets have little or nothing to do with the selection committee's decisions. He gets to match the selection committee's decisions by publishing a last minute corrected bracket which refelcets reality, and is not taylored to cater to the fans of various legacy teams. Hence, he maintains this aura of accuracy while still catering to the goons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT